µManager for Mangos

That is for reading in-game email which is something microManager already does :) IIRC there have been updates to that query as well. Always best to check SQLCode.vb for the latest.

why does it have to be down

I don't remember specifically. Something about the way mangos inserts new mails. I know there was a proposed patch some time ago that would fix this issue, but it never made it in (since it would only be valuable to external projects and not mangos itself).

EDIT: Here is the previous patch - http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=1312&highlight=ingame+mail

• 38 years later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

µManager for MaNGOS 0.8.6 has been released!

Downloads:

* 0.8.6 Release

Highlights of 0.8.6:

* Supports up to MaNGOS revision 9692 (may support higher revisions, this is dependent on any changes made to the database structure by the MaNGOS team). Make sure to have Client Patch Level 3.3.0 selected in Setup.aspx (even if the Client Patch is actually higher, such as 3.3.3a).

* Visual Studio 2010 support

* .NET 4.0 Required

* Vastly improved security model, utilizing the MembershipProvider to enumerate user's roles and properties, instead of saving them in the user's Session State which was unreliable.

* Many misc. bug fixes

Software Requirements:

* .NET 4.0

* Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7 (x86 or x64)

* MaNGOS 0.12.0, 0.13.0, 0.14.0, 0.15.0, 0.16.0

* Adobe Flash Policy Server (setup file included in Nauplius.MaNGOS.Setup folder)

* MySQL 5

* MicroManager database (SQL file located in Nauplius.MaNGOS.Setup folder)

Documentation:

* Project Documentation

Forums for Support:

* µManager for MaNGOS Codeplex Discussion

* MaNGOS Support Forums

Screen Shots:

* 0.8.6 Screen Captures

About:

µManager for MaNGOS is an ASP.NET front-end written in VB.NET to manage a MaNGOS server. µManager for MaNGOS is a port of Minimanager for Mangos. The goal of this project is to maintain feature-parity with Minimanager, but target some Windows-specific features.

Source Repositories:

* TFS (recommended):

* Server Name: tfs05.codeplex.com

* Port number: 443

* Protocol: https

* Project Name: micromanager

* SVN

Current Developer Needs:

* Translators! Translation is quite easy and does not require developer experience. See this guide for documentation.

* CSS/Javascript/layout experience is needed.

* Anyone with VB.NET WebForms experience is always welcome to join!

I think screens are worthless here, if you want to see how it works and stuff, just download it.

Screens are OK, I'll post some up on the CodePlex site when I get a few minutes. :) But yes, actually using it versus just seeing screens would be the way to go.

I'd also suggest using code from SVN instead of the current release (0.71) as it has a lot of features which have changed. Which, unfortunately, means I don't have good directions for them right now. Have to work that, too. ;)

• 2 months later...

We've decided to support both 2.4.3 and 3.0.3 within the same branch. SVN 21077 contains two new tables for the micromanager database that need to be imported. The configuration table was also updated with a SQL query in SVN 21074 to support this. The default value is to support 3.0.3 (expansion = 2). This can be changed in Setup.aspx.

There is still some SQL queries to un-hard code the values from, but the Characters.aspx page is fully working with the new dynamic queries. There is also some work to do to enforce what patch level a user may select when creating or modifying their account.

We're using ASP.NET 3.5 features, so it would not run on Linux with the Apache ASP.NET module.

You can run it on a remote Win2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 box, though. The Service Control page won't do anything for you (since under Linux you're using daemons and not Windows Services). If you have Samba set up, you can use the Mangos Configuration page edit your Mangos .conf files remotely.

Always best to host Mangos on your web server on seperate boxes :)

• 1 month later...
Dual 2.4.3 and 3.0.3 support should be completed as of SVN rev 21217.

I've confirmed that MicroManager supports 3.0.9 without any issues, as long as you've set it up to use the 3.0.3 (0.13) setting in Setup.aspx. Also, as of rev 22918, we are no longer using the ASP.NET Session State service. That service can be disabled in services.msc (unless you have other ASP.NET apps using it, of course). This means some changes to the web.config, specifically the sections marked in bold:

<system.web>

<sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="AutoDetect" timeout="2880"/>

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name="MICROMANAGER" protection="All" path="/" timeout="1440" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/Default.aspx"/>

</authentication>

Rilex, could u please post some tutorial to explain us more how to setup step-by-step, please friend?

Your work sounds pretty likely, and I really want to learn more about it.

I tryed your forum but seems to be offline or I dont know what...

Ill really apreciate a peace of your attention.

Thankyou in advance.

Davi

I know, I'm a slacker -- I said I'd get a tutorial out there. I'm going to update the relase version first and then do a document. As I said in my PM though, this doesn't support Apache since it requires .NET 3.5 (plus, I'm not an Apache guy myself!).

So, Im not a apche fan too. I just wanna know how to setup and run (put online on my domain) the server.

I cant wait to see the tutorial =)

So, if i wont use apache ill use what?

Can do a simply fast explaination friend?

Here is my "quick and dirty setup":

Use Server 2003, Vista, or Server 2008. I have not tested XP/2000.

Install IIS6 or 7, depending on OS version.

Install .NET 3.5 SP1

Create a new Application Pool called "MicroManager".

Create a new website, point it to the MicroManager files.

Import the MicroManager database to your MySQL server.

Edit the web.config entries relating to the databases. Assign a valid server, database name, username, and password for each database (Characters db, Mangos db, Realm db, ScriptDev2 db, MicroManager db).

For the website you created for MicroManager, create and assign it to the MicroManager Application Pool. You can do this by right clicking on the MicroManager website within the IIS Manager, going to the Home Directory tab, clicking on the Create button (enter in anything for the app name), then selecting the MicroManager application pool. On the ASP.NET tab, select v2.0 (this is for IIS6). For IIS7, right click the web site in IIS Management, click on Manage Web Site -> Advanced Settings. Change the Application Pool to the MicroManager Application Pool.

Browse to the site. As gmlevel = 5 (you need to manually edit your realmd.account and change one account's gmlevel to "5"), go to Tools -> Setup. Enter all the information to finalize the configuration.

That would be a really quick and dirty overview, I might be missing a few steps and obviously you'll need to know something about IIS to walk through that. I promise I'll get a pictorial of at least IIS6 up soon.

Great!

Finally, i get the site to show up organizated.

Now, when I try to login or create a account or do anything on the site it simply keeps loading and dont do anything.

I make the site to apear on 127.0.0.1, but it simply apear dont make anything more...

BTW I had did this tutorial to enable conection scripts

http://www.gsart.com.br/iis7/help_center_iis_7_2a.asp

Thankyou man!

What about a explanation now abbout your application?

When I download it I get 2 folders, micromanager adn micromanager - configuration.

I have to compile it? What I have to compile?

Thankyou in advance

Only the file on the Releases page is compiled. The Commits are all uncompiled, so yes you would have to compile them (I use Visual Studio 2008 SP1). You only need to compile the MicroManager project. The MicroManager-Configuration project is just a shell at the moment.

Did you make sure to edit all 5 <connectionString> entries in the web.config with a valid MySQL Server, username, password, and database name?

2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2
2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]22
2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]22[/color][/size]22
2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]

Did you import the MicroManager database (and then, if you're using one of the commits, import the updates)?

Have you checked the Application Event Log on your webserver to see if there are any ASP.NET warnings or errors?

Only the file on the Releases page is compiled. The Commits are all uncompiled, so yes you would have to compile them (I use Visual Studio 2008 SP1). You only need to compile the MicroManager project. The MicroManager-Configuration project is just a shell at the moment.

Did you make sure to edit all 5 <connectionString> entries in the web.config with a valid MySQL Server, username, password, and database name?

2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2
2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]2[/color][/size]

Did you import the MicroManager database (and then, if you're using one of the commits, import the updates)?

Have you checked the Application Event Log on your webserver to see if there are any ASP.NET warnings or errors?

Yea, i edited already all 5 lines, but Data Source must I leave default or what? I leave it default

Yea, imported too the database

Im checking now aplication event log.

Ill post when I fint it

I can make a tutorial for you step-by-step when I get this 100% working, cuz this is too much helpfull

Thankyou one more time my friend!

Davi Trindade

Yea, i edited already all 5 lines, but Data Source must I leave default or what? I leave it default

Yea, imported too the database

Im checking now aplication event log.

Ill post when I fint it

I can make a tutorial for you step-by-step when I get this 100% working, cuz this is too much helpfull

Thankyou one more time my friend!

Davi Trindade

YES I GET IT!!!

YES! ITS WORKING MAN!!

EDITED "2