agblack1

Question

Hey guys, so I am currently following this guide. (getMaNGOS WIKI)

I am at the "Database" portion of the guide and it is instructing me to "Go to C:\Users[username]\mangos\sql and double click realmd.sql. Select your user and then click on realmd database so that it becomes selected (yellow). Then Execute the file (press F9 or the "play" button up center).".

I am confused to what the exactly means. I can open the file in Visual Studio, but I am not sure what to do after. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. I have been stumped on compiling my server for a few days.

7 answers to this question

hello,

(... i got mangos two but it must be same for mangos three)

first u got to install a mySQL sever (preferably 5.5.x, other late dont worked for me for mangos two... or was too slow)

then u dl the mangos server files on downloads on this site..

and for the database, normally u must run a "install database . bat" file. (maybe in /mangos/"sql" or "database" folder..)

a dos window will open asking you your mysql root password, realmd database name, and mangos database name,

(the same u created in SQLyog...)

then it asks for options (normally its ok..),

then click enter and it should auto install the database for you.:D

hello,

(... i got mangos two but it must be same for mangos three)

first u got to install a mySQL sever (preferably 5.5.x, other late dont worked for me for mangos two... or was too slow)

then u dl the mangos server files on downloads on this site..

and for the database, normally u must run a "install database . bat" file. (maybe in /mangos/"sql" or "database" folder..)

a dos window will open asking you your mysql root password, realmd database name, and mangos database name,

(the same u created in SQLyog...)

then it asks for options (normally its ok..),

then click enter and it should auto install the database for you.:D

53e6502706eda1b82649c8586fb78091.png

This is my current Folder with everything in in. If I would download those files, where would I place them?

I downloaded the Cata folder, but it already has a server folder included. I am still confused.

53e6502706eda1b82649c8586fb78091.png.6f9

hello,

voilà what i got :

wowDB1.png

then in database folder u must click on this :

wowDB2.png

again i have mangos-two, dunno what u've downloaded and what is inside archive.

edit: courage and be patient, u'll arrive ;) when u got the trick, it will be easy to install, the only thing annoying is when u got to install the databses update .sql....

wowDB1.png.d0e50a52c5d98c1dc6866a56b9fb1

wowDB2.png.b275dcd209bb349c03e225f3c8fbb

Archived