Installing Mangos on Windows
There are multiple ways of installing MaNGOS, this method will be using EasyBuild (a MaNGOS written tool) to help simplify the install.
1) Although there are several pieces of third party software that are required to be installed, only two need to be installed prior to running Easybuild.
The rest of the third party software required for MaNGOS are:
Cmake (See HERE for the Install Guide). Only 32 or 64 Bit can be installed, not both.
OpenSSL (See HERE for the Install guide). Both 32Bit and 64Bit can be installed together. You need the full rather than the lightweight version.
MySQL (See HERE for the Install guide). Only 32 or 64 Bit can be installed, not both.
2) create a folder to hold all the source files i.e. Mangos_Files
3) Select the folder created above in explorer and right click on it, then select 'Git Bash here'
4) Clone the MaNGOS server and database GitHub repositories into folders in this folder (See HERE for a guide for cloning the repos)
5) Using explorer navigate to the server folder created above.
6) Navigate into the Win folder and double-click EasyBuild.
7) Generate the solution using EasyBuild (See HERE for how to use EasyBuild guide)
8) If you haven't already, open the solution file with Visual Studio.
9) Decide whether to build in Debug or Release. Normally unless you are actively tracking a bug you always build in Release.
NOTE: NEVER EVER RUN THE EXTRACTION TOOLS WHEN BUILT IN DEBUG.
They will take an extremely long time to run compared to the Release built versions.
10) Click the ‘Build’ Menu, then select ‘Rebuild Solution’
11) Once complete, a message similar to the following will be shown:-
========== Rebuild All: 24 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========
12) Close Visual Studio.
13) Navigate to _install folder, if you following the cloning guides this would be serverZero_install (for MangosZero)
14) Copy the files from this folder onto a folder on your server
15) Copy the entire contents of the tools folder into the root of your wow client folder.
16) Extract the client data using extractresources.sh (See HERE to a guide to extracting the client data)
17) Now it's time to set up the database..
18) Select the folder created above in step 2 and then select dbZero (for MangosZero).
19) Double-click on InstallDatabases.bat
20) The initial settings as defaulted for the typical settings required for a new server setup, so you can press N to continue.
21) The next few prompts are ask you to supply some key information to connect to your MySQL server, the text in square brackets  are the default values if nothing is typed.
Some of the settings are:
Server Name / Address
Character Database Name
World Database Name
Realm Database Name
22) The script will then proceed to populate all the databases and finish up looking like the following
23) At this point the database is now fully loaded.
24) On the server where you copied the files earlier, rename the 4 .conf.dist files as .conf
25) Now it's time to start configuring the server, first stop is adjusting the settings in the .conf files as described HERE
26) Now we need to configure the Realm Database to use the correct IP addresses as described HERE
27) Now the moment of truth...
28) Double click realmd.exe from the server folder, you should see a screen like:
29) Double click mangosd.exe from the server folder, you should see lots of messages like:
30) You now need to create an account to allow you to login to your server from the client:
ACCOUNT CREATE username password expansion
(Where expansion is one of the following: 0 = Classic, 1 = TBC, 2 = Wotlk, 3 = Cata, 4 = Mop, 5 = Wod, 6 = Legion)
- This is also the max allowed expansion this account can use !!
31) and finally, The final step.....
32) One of the client files (realmlist.wtf) will need to be adjusted to point to your server, see a description of how to do this HERE
33) Start the client wow.exe (Do not your launcher.exe), enter the account information created above.... and enjoy.
Edited by antz