+spell damage

Guest kerbe

Hips,

I would like to have direction to +spell damage handling in source code. Noticed that there might be cases when +spell damage is taken in account where it shouldn't, causing quite overpowered attacks. For example goblin rocket launcher which is reported to have dmg range of 960 - 1440 gives with some testers 2000 - 3500 hits constantly.

Also Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen procced creating over 800 damage, non-crit hit. Started to suspect after these that with +spell damage gear these get those bonuses too even as they shouldn't.

How is +spell damage refered in source code, and where I can find it. I'll start reading code when I have some clue :)

I do now bad things and double post. However, I need some info and need some attention :)

Found by myself where this spell damage is calculated (Unit.cpp seems to have quite amount of functions for that purpose.) However, I started wondering does any item casted spell receive these bonuses? From wowwiki I see note that trinkets doesn't receive this bonus, but what about other things? Like for example that rocket launcher.

I'm still interested mostly in 2.4.3 behaviour if it differs from 3.x series. Also I could take a bit hacky solution to get it fixed for myself, but if there is proper way, of course that is better.

Another question is is there way to detect if spell is called from item or is it casted directly by player?

I think (dont take my word on this) that you can add the spell(s) in spell_bonus_data with the 'correct' values on how much benefit from +spell power they should get (or AP)... So in Goblin Rocketlaunchers case that would be.. Zero?...

Something like;

DELETE FROM `spell_bonus_data` WHERE `enrtry` = 46567;
REPLACE INTO `spell_bonus_data` (`entry`, `direct_bonus`, `dot_bonus`, `ap_bonus`, `comments`) VALUES
(46567, 0, 0, 0, 'Goblin Rocket Launcher');

Not tested, so dont know if it works, but that way it should gain Zero "extra" from Spellpower or Attackpower...

Thank you oc_redfox, that sure is good lead! :) I didn't know there exists such table. Checked, and noticed that yeah, there isn't such table... in mangos-0.12 :) So it is something done for master and applies to 3.x series.

Now I at least can try track down where this is added and if it can be backported back to mangos-0.12. I suppose that if it was trivial fix, Vladimir would have done it long time ago... but I hope that it is similar as pool patch, easily done if just want to put few minutes effort in it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use