What is MaNGOS ?.....
MaNGOS is ...
• A full-featured Massive Network Game Object Server suite that includes Authentication, World content and more.
• An educational project, all our members are volunteers and give up their time freely. Our hosting and licenses are funded through donations.
• Is free and open to everyone of all abilities. If you are eager to learn and contribute, you are more than welcome.
• Compatible with all non-current releases of World Of Warcraft™ - Although the level of completeness varies between the different versions..
• Includes tools to build and develop game content, including your own custom content..
• Supported via the Forum by a very friendly and knowledgeable support team.
• One of the original MMORPG projects and has been going for over 10 years.
getMaNGOS ?.....Who are we ?
getMaNGOS is an educational non-profit organisation and we provide source code for running private MMORPG servers.
Our primary goals are to learn and teach each other (and our users) about development and project management on a large scale project.
The current getMaNGOS custodian @antz was chosen by the founder of MaNGOS (theLuda) when he decided to retire. We have been bringing MaNGOS to the community for over 10 years. The current Community Manager is @madmax who is responsible for the site and our online presence.
MaNGOS and it's many tools utilize a powerful variety of languages and technologies.
These include: C/C++, VB.Net, MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as command line utilities to create and maintain game content and Bash, Python, and Ruby scripts to spice up development.
How you can help MaNGOS !!If you are reading this you, then it's likely have an interest in helping out this great community effort.If you feel like you don't have the experience or knowledge to contribute on the development side, there are many other ways to help out:
We need help in all the areas listed below. So please, pitch in and help us we need your help to make it happen.• Researchers - Proof of how it really was in that timeframe of warcraft.• Testers - Active testers to test new bug fixes and report back issues.• Bug reporters - Testing out any world content and reporting issues.• Forum helpers - Someone knowledgable to help answer questions.• Documentors - Expanding the wiki's/tutorials/guides.• Translators - Translate the documentation into their native language.• Database dev - Working with sql to further the databases.• Scripters - Working with the core to further the project.If you are familiar with any of the technologies we use, you can (and possibly should) help contribute to this amazing project !!
This project would not be possible without:
bzip2, zlib, g3dlite, libmpq, Stormlib, OpenSSL and recastnavigation.
Of course we would also like to acknowledge the thousands of contributions from our members and other groups, who have over the years helped progress the project significantly.
• Windows & Debian are supported.
• As well as platforms where GCC is available.
• Both 32/64 Bit builds are supported/tested during development.
• We support builds using Cmake
• Microsoft Visual Studio (2012 / 2013 / 2015) *
• The GNU Build Tools
* MaNGOS can still be built using VS2010, although the Eluna module will need to be disabled. Since VS2010 is now deprecated, there is no guarantee that it wlll not break further in the future.
The Community Forum is the life blood of MaNGOS.
Here you can find information, seek help or just chat to like-minded people in a friendly environment.
If you think you can help... the chances are you can !!