[latest] More or less correct Sacrifice, Consume Shadows (maybe other) autocast fix

Alex

I don't think that the problem that this patch addresses was fully solved in [8291].

There are some spells like Sacrifice where you should not be able to enable auto cast at all. Neither in combat nor out of combat.

I don't see how [8291] should fix that issue.

Hmm, I talked to an offi player just now. He said "Last Stand" is definitely not autocastable, but he also was the oppinion, that the most other pet spells with "long" cooldown (talent spells) are not autocastable such as http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53476 wich also make sense, because you need to choose a spicific friendly target for that spell. But this spell has not got this flag.

If there was a specific flag for autocastable/not autocastable, the client would also check that itslef, I think.

• 1 month later...

I had the possibility to check that on an offi server:

• * "Last Stand" is not autocastable
    * "Heard of the Phoenix" is not autocastable
    * nothing to do with this patch, but interesting^^: there are some other spells, that can be set on autocast, but that won't get autocasted. I think they did not define any logic/event when casting them or so (e.g. like "intervene")

It also seems, that they implemented a check for this bit in the client version 3.2.0. Those spellbuttons look different than the normal autocastable ones. Anyway I think server side check is a good idea!

• 2 months later...

How's this patch holding these days? My experience say that it isn't applied to core, at least not backported to mangos-0.12. Everyone seems to be agreed this far patch is good and doing it's job. Also stated that if there rises new spells which shouldn't be autocastable, they are easily added (those potential hunter spells?)

So some dev have time to check this and see if it is valid for core?

• 4 months later...

I am pretty sure that this flag is correct, but it should not only be checked for hunter+warlock pets, but also for e.g. ghouls pets.

I think this flag is also used when a NPC controls a player to decide whether it should use that spell or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use