[Fix][7930] Freezing Trap PvP duration limit

Auntie Mangos

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

It limits the duration of Freezing Trap Effect on players.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Git: http://github.com/dragonshard/mangos/commit/a1b9845ea440a47293f4677730bd1b0229ff41e6

Bug report: http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=6971

EDIT: Just noticed there is a better version of this already posted by Lightguard in the bug report.

• 39 years later...

Also this spell have a bug now.

The tramps can be affect for player of same realm and the caster.

If you put one tramp and use .cooldown to can put another tramp, tramp is freesing the caster or the las person than step into the tramp (including ppl of the same realm), that happens only if you put two tramps in the same place (you can wait until CD is down) and put another and you get freezer.

Also this spell have a bug now.

The tramps can be affect for player of same realm and the caster.

If you put one tramp and use .cooldown to can put another tramp, tramp is freesing the caster or the las person than step into the tramp (including ppl of the same realm), that happens only if you put two tramps in the same place (you can wait until CD is down) and put another and you get freezer.

hahahaha am sorry but reading this made me laugh a lot just imagining the poor "tramp"

"What happens if you put two tramps in the same place"

For your problem you are using .cooldown anyway so you are removing the cooldown of the trap that just happen to match the time of the frozen target. What the problem might be here is that a hunter even if the cooldown is 1 should only be able to trap frozen one person at a time. So in your case if you use the second freeze trap the first one should wear off.

Freezing Trap Rank 3 -

Place a frost trap that freezes the first enemy that approaches, preventing all action for up to 20 sec.  Any damage caused will break the ice.  Trap will exist for 1 min.  Only one trap can be active at a time.

Meaby my english(I know) is not very good i see like stupid, only meaby.

I say to use .cooldown IF you dont want to wait until CD is gone, but if you want to wait for CD and put another tramp in the same place Hunter get freezer, meaby sound stupid, but in WS lots of Hunter puts the tramps on entrance of his flag area to stop de enemie and go into the stealth state (Elf racial), and put another when CD is gone and get freezing.

The problem is that is freezing the hunter, i dont think that is normal, one tramp that can freez the caster? meaby i'm not right and that is the normal way, but i really i don't think this is correct.

Also, if you are a hunter and a another player from the same realm (like Rouge + hunter) and you put one trampo rouge step into tramp CD is gone, and Hunter put one more rouge get freezer (we are talking about one normal server), i don't think tramp is working right if you tramps can be freezing your realm friends.

Meaby taht is correct, but i don't think.