Playerbot (archive)

Blueboy I don't know if my Spec's helps but I'm running win 7 Ultimate x64 with VS 2008 Pro and as of yesterday morning when I shutdown for a couple hours of sleep finally I had over 130 errors ( not link errors) in just about every src file in the directory....I'm not sure if it was just playerbot at that time because I have Valhalla's vehicle repo in it as well. then this morning I started with a clean slate and tried to compile just Mangos and playerbot and got what you see above. and as of now with a clean slate I have ahbot, vehicles (thanks to a great patch put up this morning) with no compiler errors and now at rev 9283.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueboy I don't know if my Spec's helps but I'm running win 7 Ultimate x64 with VS 2008 Pro and as of yesterday morning when I shutdown for a couple hours of sleep finally I had over 130 errors ( not link errors) in just about every src file in the directory....I'm not sure if it was just playerbot at that time because I have Valhalla's vehicle repo in it as well. then this morning I started with a clean slate and tried to compile just Mangos and playerbot and got what you see above. and as of now with a clean slate I have ahbot, vehicles (thanks to a great patch put up this morning) with no compiler errors and now at rev 9283.

O.K this is what I use,

prep the objdir for compilation

#!/bin/bash
autoreconf --install --force
mkdir /home/mangos/compile/mangos/objdir
mv build.sh /home/mangos/compile/mangos/objdir
mv debug.sh /home/mangos/compile/mangos/objdir

cd objdir, then run

#!/bin/bash
../configure --prefix=/home/mangos/wow --sysconfdir=/home/mangos/wow/etc \\
   --with-python \\
   --enable-cli \\
   --enable-ra \\
   --datadir=/home/mangos/wow/data

and then link with make

How does your process compare. Sorry your both on Windows, obviously mine will be different. The errors suggest that the linker can not find the info it needs to build necessary libraries. It maybe caused by a missing config parameter, perhaps the location of your *.obj files. I can't imagine that you both have the same issue with your build process. Sorry, I'm mulling this over as I go along.

Edit: Common thread is that your both using Windows 7, and Visual C 2008.

Yes your right, it could be a missing config, but I get lost in the config.ac file as well in the larger make file, I remember just a little while ago I was slamming my head agains the wall trying to get SD2 to patch in and work then I realized that in the src/bindings/makefile I needed to put SUBDIRS = ScriptDev2 and then everything worked...and I was happy till....3.2 came around....!

Yes your right, it could be a missing config, but I get lost in the config.ac file as well in the larger make file, I remember just a little while ago I was slamming my head agains the wall trying to get SD2 to patch in and work then I realized that in the src/bindings/makefile I needed to put SUBDIRS = ScriptDev2 and then everything worked...and I was happy till....3.2 came around....!

There is a patch file provided for this, and you just need to run it. I made a bash script to look for all available patches, to bind SD2 and MaNGOS together. You then re-run the script, specifying the file version.

#!/bin/bash 

unset BRANCH
unset PATCHES

BRANCH=$1
PATCHES="/home/mangos/compile/mangos/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/"

[ ! -z "${BRANCH}" ] || { echo "available patches:>"; ls ${PATCHES}; exit 1 ; }

patch -p1 < ${PATCHES}'MaNGOS-'${BRANCH}'-ScriptDev2.patch'

I realise this does resolve your present issue, but I hope it helps

im using visual c++ 2008 and win 7 i can't compile on the last version of mangos ...

i use no other patch on mangos except playerbot(blueboy)

Until we get this matter sorted, I think it best to keep the mods to a minimum. I am presently compiling the latest MaNGOS[9284] & SD[1557] with blueboy code. I'll get back to you

Cheers

Until we get this matter sorted, I think it best to keep the mods to a minimum. I am presently compiling the latest MaNGOS[9284] & SD[1557] with blueboy code. I'll get back to you

Cheers

Ok blueboy I found the starting errors for you from the windows side.

PlayerbotAI.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(546) : error C2065: 'MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(558) : error C2065: 'MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING' : undeclared identifier

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\game__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

game - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: realmd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

this was with 9283, ahbot, that new vehicle patch mentioned earlier, and edu's dualspec repo thats finnaly working. I hope this helps....

PlayerbotAI.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(546) : error C2065: 'MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(558) : error C2065: 'MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING' : undeclared identifier

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\game__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

this was with 9283, ahbot, that new vehicle patch mentioned earlier, and edu's dualspec repo thats finnaly working. I hope this helps....

change MovementFlagFlying to MovementFlagFlying2

idk if this'll work, but its done this b4

ok I havent nailed down your errors DC, but make sure to look at trhese commit changes:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/addd8b5ea59a544e0b672a01c0119cc388930581

chances are Tom_Rus (as usual) molded the revision to his own specific tastes disregarding everyone else around him... (as usual)

I have found that whenever Tom_Rus commits, all the mods need to be altered

I realize, the 'canned response' is going to be "Mangos builds for mangos, not its mods" but thats getting to be such a tired, lazy, PEON excuse... if you follow the same recipe for a lengthly time, and you have several people below you following that recipe... then you CHANGE it DRASTICALLY... you should at LEAST post what your changes are and WHY they were done so those beneath you can alter as needed. he doesnt post in the forum, and doesnt leave any commit statements or in-line comments ( //this is an inline comment )...

Just for a quick FYI Daemon Cantor's flaw appears in evo-x as well.. I am tracing it down now will post if i find a fix

my current guess is that playerbotmgr is making a call to a location to get the movementflag stated as an identifier but it may have been moved elsewhere..

ok... now... i completely and totally realize that this ISNT the proper way to fix this situation... and more than likely it wwill crash the serevr *lol* but i did the following to make the serevr at least BUILD

// handle flying acknowledgement
       case SMSG_MOVE_SET_CAN_FLY:
       {
           WorldPacket p(packet);
           uint64 guid = extractGuid(p);
           if (guid != m_bot->GetGUID())
               return;
           m_bot->m_movementInfo.AddMovementFlag(MOVEFLAG_FLYING);
           //m_bot->SetSpeed(MOVE_RUN, GetMaster()->GetSpeed(MOVE_FLIGHT) +0.1f, true);
           return;
       }

// handle dismount flying acknowledgement
       case SMSG_MOVE_UNSET_CAN_FLY:
       {
           WorldPacket p(packet);
           uint64 guid = extractGuid(p);
           if (guid != m_bot->GetGUID())
               return;
           m_bot->m_movementInfo.RemoveMovementFlag(MOVEFLAG_FLYING);
           //m_bot->SetSpeed(MOVE_RUN,GetMaster()->GetSpeedRate(MOVE_RUN),true);
           return;
       }

keep in mind that changing movementflag_flying to moveflag_flying was a bit of an accident.. I hadnt noticed that MOVEFLAG is normally used to express an action already in progress, while the way this structure is set, its trying to add a NEW movement flag... this could be a bit paradoxical... u can try it if you like.. it DOES let the sucker build.

personally I think that the bots should do away with the whole attempt to follow the player in flight... they should behave like pets do when you fly: dissappear when you get on the taxi and re-appear when u land... if you are physically flying (such as a mount) make em walk next to you like the pets.. wish i knew how it was done I'd convert it myself

PlayerbotAI.cpp

Thanks for the info, but I posted a workaround for this issue yesterday #699. The issue was drawn to my attention by shum But thanks all the same. I will update blueboy when I can.

Who knows why they decided to change the flag names from MOVEMENTFLAG_* to MOVEFLAG_*, perhaps its just because the name is shorter. The change is only cosmetic, and I agree with erazare that these changes just cause additional work, without much benefit.

I have just tested the latest MaNGOS[9284] (with the MOVEFLAG_FLYING changes in PlayerbotAI.cpp) with SD2[1557]. It compiles without issue, and I have again tested the 'mounting' . Everything checks out.

Hmmm, and this is with just auctionhousebot and playerbot installed? It works fine on my linux box. The only real difference between our systems, are the additional mods that you use.

Your last point was interesting. I'm getting the same issue, if I summon several bots at once with macros. It's fine if you summon the bots, one at a time. I have only had this issue since upgrading my openssl to 0.9.8k. There seems to be a bottleneck. This is an issue that must be addressed.

I believe the bottleneck issue has been solved, with a change to the core. I have tested the latest MaNGOS[9284] with playerbot, and I can't get the server to crash :cool: Before MaNGOS commit [9284], it was very sensitive, and if you tried to load multiple bots, using macros, it went down like a brick. Please try this yourselves and confirm it is so (I know nyko was having the same issue)

I have updated blueboy if your interested

Cheers

hey klunk, just wanted to let you know that i merged your branch with latest mangois [9284?] and made the MOVEMENT edit as needed... then I merged it with blues latest repo and evox...

blue.. outstanding work... bots are better than ever... but for some odd reason neither klunks added commands nor your FREE command illicit any response from the bots.

sorry blueboy, just tested on mangos 9287 - SD2 FR 1562 - PlayerBot without better result

with 8 of my characters only 3 - when i a play them adding a bot - can make the bot mount

always the same 3

I agree, mine played up too later. I have found a way to minimize the risk of crashing, until such time as we can fixed it.

This issue seems to occur after compiling a new server.

1. Exit the client completely, and delete the 'cache' folder from the World of Warcraft folder. // should only have to do this once

2. If you then logon, and summon the bots indiviually, it behaves. //should only have to do this once

3. It then allows you to load multiple bots using macros without issue from then on. Try it, and hopefully it will work for you too

Cheers

hey klunk, just wanted to let you know that i merged your branch with latest mangois [9284?] and made the MOVEMENT edit as needed... then I merged it with blues latest repo and evox...

blue.. outstanding work... bots are better than ever... but for some odd reason neither klunks added commands nor your FREE command illicit any response from the bots.

Hi,

are you entering the command as 'FREE', it most probably is case sensitive. Try either

/w <botname> free

or

/p free

Yes, I have just tried it. I'll have to revise the code to handle all permutations. In the meantime use 'free', its impolite to shout anyway :P

Hope this helps

erf, i don't think command ".bot co BOTNAME heal" work too on my server, i'm very chanceless ...

EDIT :

I've just understood why bot don't do anything ... i've modified some lines in the sources ...

and localized some spells names ... and it works for them ...

so i've got to localize entirely the soure code of this fabulous and amazing patch ... wow that's a big work !

ok kool blue!

I have been battling it out with klunks repo and its very odd... what did you do to your repo klunk... vcproj is all messed up and your botcode doesnt quite line up with blue's... is it based off a different repo altogether?

Sorry for not replying sooner. I think my code may be a little behind Blue's code, and I have done stuff to make it work with a later revision, I forget off hand. As for the vcproj files, I dont use them so I made a hack at resolving conflicts, obviously not very well.

Hey, I have a question, can the Playerbot be loaded on specific realms or is it enabled on all realms?

Im running multiple realms and want to only allow it on a single realm, I could naturally compile a specific binary for that one realm, but that would result in twice as much compiling >.<

That's the thing you have to bear in mind, Stodderen. Since Playerbots is a core patch, it will be active on all your realms using that server core. You'll need to go through the extra work and additional computing resources to have a single server with Playerbots while your other realms operate from a server without the patch.

What did you expect... for MaNGOS to be "plug and play"? :P