Just a serious question...

Wast3d

I really like the work of Mangos but from release to release its getting more worse than ever before... Dunno whats going on. But people test all files and report all bugs they see... Hell yeah there are tons of little bugs which dont need to be fixed right now, but there are some serious bugs for more than 2 years already which hasn´t been fixed at all. And atm i think all DB devs are pretty angry because they have todo a shit load of work. There are still tons of 3.0.x quests left and ofc 3.1.3 quests. (UDB for example) but they cannot continue their work because each release of mangos devs bug the DB again. (Just an example: Damage)

It always worked using atkspd instead of the multiplier i really dont know why you changed it. And now after any release all bugged again and the work to fix that is one more time by the Database devs... Why you dont work together with other dev groups (Database wise) instead of developing against them.

Well thats all from me...

You guys doing an amazing job and thats ture but this is just my opinion at the moment.

Ty,

Wast3d

like they say... if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen :)

the point is... UDB will catch up and they don't have to do everything RIGHT THIS MINUTE... The best solution is instead of complaining, is to actually help out on both projects. Learn C++... Learn SQL... Give bug fixes and solutions!

As a member of over 2 years, I have seen what both sides can do and I wouldnt worry about this.

Wast3d, your post only meaning:

1) you not understand that any relaese (in fact next after it clients switch) _always will break many many things.

This not dependent from mangos team or any DB project team. Don;t like this problems not switch to new client support revision and has been happy with old mangos revision.

2) about what fix next: you not have rights point to devs or anyone what need fixed next. Devs fix/implement what they think more intresting for they in current moment. You can only fix some problem by self and suggest fix community. Aftre this fix or will be added to mangos sources (if it correctly implemented) when some devs find time review it or will not added (in other case) but community still will have possibility use it until problem will not solved in proper way.

3) about " i think all DB devs are pretty angry". Please avoid talk not from self position. I think DB devs can say own points by self.

More nice part:

It always worked using atkspd instead of the multiplier i really dont know why you changed it.

Good show that you don't know context and have wrong understand state in development.

This changes well researched and suggested to mangos by _DB_dev_ as proper way fix problem with wrong creature damage calulation.

Mangos team you do a good job.I think things are implemented and change because of blizz updating the main wow so the sniffers have to keep up with the main one.

I think Mangos was made as a ongoing project not a emulator so people can learn to do stuff them selves ie: databases and c++ code which is what i'v learnt from compiling the code fixing the database myself.

Good work Devs

Sorry i dont post much on here as only post when have something to say.

And atm i think all DB devs are pretty angry

..only when people try to tell us how we feel. :)

Why you dont work together with other dev groups (Database wise) instead of developing against them.

MaNGOS devs in general, and Vladimir in particular, have always been very open to suggestions from us (UDB ) regarding changes that either make our jobs easier, or that otherwise allow us to create a more complete/accurate Database.

That having been said, they are still separate projects. MaNGOS devs must focus on doing what's best for MaNGOS- even if it does sometimes make more work for the DB projects or scripting projects.

(Just an example: Damage) It always worked using atkspd instead of the multiplier

Only if you assume 0 damage reduction. Anything else, and it does not work right.

But people test all files and report all bugs they see... Hell yeah there are tons of little bugs which dont need to be fixed right now, but there are some serious bugs for more than 2 years already which hasn´t been fixed at all.

Reporting a bug is not the same as fixing it.

There are still tons of 3.0.x quests left and ofc 3.1.3 quests. (UDB for example) but they cannot continue their work because each release of mangos devs bug the DB again.

The two are completely unrelated. There are two devs working on the damage formulas, and a different dev does almost all of the work on quests.

The extra work isn't from new versions of MaNGOS, the extra work is from new patches from the client publisher that add new content or change existing content.

Reporting a bug is not the same as fixing it.

Just 1 point to make, because it really annoys me :P

Reporting a bug is NOT the same as reporting a bug properly!!

The amount of bug reports like "XXXXX is brok3n. FIxx it plsssss" is amazing! For the devs to stand any chance of being able to fix these buge, they need the correct information of which rev/db etcetc, people posting useless bug reports just waste peoples time.

//rant over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use