Server taken over by op Class

we don't need access to your (some would now say 'illegal') server. everyone who's working on mangos has it's own local installation (i don't even count my branches & copies anymore).

however, if you really want to help:

- write bugreports (containing all informations needed!): http://getmangos.eu/community/viewforum.php?id=18

- learn c++/sql and start fixing things

- do both of the above

everyone here does what he/she wants. i for example like 2.4.3, so you'll probably not see me working on wotlk-related things in the near future. you can't force anyone here to fix something. if you want something to get working, then fix it yourself and provide that patch here. if you're not able to develop (because you don't know c++/sql), then you can still write good bugreports (what revisions (mangos,sd2,udb,acid), a detailed description, etc.)

Very nice, even trinity is more helpfull than you guys
nobody forces you to be here. btw, i'm not an official dev, therefore don't judge mangos based on my behavior.
it is that hard to say here you go man (CODE) take it and good luck on the server.
search the forum, maybe you find the code you need. if not: write it yourself, we're not here to make your server better, but to learn something (and fixing things while learning).
I say again i'm not here to criticise your work why the hell are you guys so up tight?
because you're going to tell me/us what to do.
The thing is i pointed out some problems that you guys maybe allready know, and i thought that you could really help.
write bugreports and make sure that you're testing it on a clean mangos and not a mangos with hundreds of custom patches.

Anyway i wanted to help out a friend maybe you guys see something else in friendship...
well, we are (or at least i am) not interested in helping your friend. (it's your friend, not mine)

damn... now i feel like i'd have wasted my time... don't even know why i answered you =/

There is one big problem why we cannot help you, even if we would like to:

You do not describe the bugs in detail.

If you do not tell us WHY a class does too much damage (this is not because they are plate or whatsoever) we can simply not fix that bug.

Tell us which talent is doing wrong, how is it doing wrong and how it should work correctly.

See also: [Guide] How To Post A Proper Bug Report

• 39 years later...

Hi, i'm coming from a mangos server and i want to ask you guys if you intended to make just some classes op and others just to be there for target practice. The server is quite good and has a good comunity but there are many problems and the admin is working 24/7 to repair them but this is not enaugh.

We have a problem with the plate class (warriors palladins DK) they are op cuz of theyr burst and high dmg.

Second problem is the mail class it dies quicker than clothers i tend to think there is a armor value/ resill problem, Hunter class doesn't know about range (he attacks when you are near him and when you are far far away)...

Anyway i'm coming with a request, if you guys have a working update that could help fix thease little things i would be indebted.

Hi, i'm coming from a mangos server and i want to ask you guys if you intended to make just some classes op and others just to be there for target practice.

Neither bugs that make a class stronger nor weaker are intended by us.

The truth is that class balance has a rather low priority for us. Actually, we just try to fix as many bugs as possible and do not count like "Oh... we fixed 3 mage bugs yesterday, so we now can no longer fix mage bugs for the rest of the week."...

Neither bugs that make a class stronger nor weaker are intended by us.

The truth is that class balance has a rather low priority for us. Actually, we just try to fix as many bugs as possible and do not count like "Oh... we fixed 3 mage bugs yesterday, so we now can no longer fix mage bugs for the rest of the week."...

Well if you say that mangos is fixing everything please leave me a code or something to fix thease problems, i think you test everything but is it to strange to realise that plate class is op and has a burst that even the enha shaman doesn't have? By the way do you know whats the status of an enha shaman?

I am not here to criticise your work, i just want to help the admin to balance the server so that everyone could play and have fun with theyr chars. (The server is full of Palladins and DK's could you even imagine a server with over 90% of the players with only one class?)

I am not here to criticise your work, i just want to help the admin to balance the server so that everyone could play and have fun with theyr chars. (The server is full of Palladins and DK's could you even imagine a server with over 90% of the players with only one class?)

as public server might be illegal in some countries [insert some random legal trash text here (ask davemm, i'm sure he'll know some good texts about that :))] we don't think about public servers at all :)

and you wanna have the code? look into the guides (e.g. those in the wiki), here's the code:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos

http://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/

as public server might be illegal in some countries [insert some random legal trash text here (ask davemm, i'm sure he'll know some good texts about that :))] we don't think about public servers at all :)

and you wanna have the code? look into the guides (e.g. those in the wiki), here's the code:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos

http://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/

Very nice, even trinity is more helpfull than you guys it is that hard to say here you go man (CODE) take it and good luck on the server. I say again i'm not here to criticise your work why the hell are you guys so up tight?

The thing is i pointed out some problems that you guys maybe allready know, and i thought that you could really help.

Anyway i wanted to help out a friend maybe you guys see something else in friendship...

actually I cannot reproduce any of the named problems...

Chain is by far stronger than cloth and ther is no OP class on our server

about being unfriendly... you come in here and ask some guys/gals to do the finger snap and fix all of your problems?

I wonder ... do you really think that the devs deliberately hold back fixes or something. I would highly doubt that. On the contrary those same devs devote their spare time for your pleasure.

So perhaps you should try to provide at least some infos on your server so that the problems could get looked into (like server revision, addons, etc etc etc)

just my 50 cents.

cheers

shane99

actually I cannot reproduce any of the named problems...

Chain is by far stronger than cloth and ther is no OP class on our server

about being unfriendly... you come in here and ask some guys/gals to do the finger snap and fix all of your problems?

I wonder ... do you really think that the devs deliberately hold back fixes or something. I would highly doubt that. On the contrary those same devs devote their spare time for your pleasure.

So perhaps you should try to provide at least some infos on your server so that the problems could get looked into (like server revision, addons, etc etc etc)

just my 50 cents.

cheers

shane99

Thank you for your Answer, i know that to point out a problem you need more than some words either test it your self(i mean you guys) or just come up with the bad code.(myself)

If you want to test the problem i have an account on that server i can give details and you guys can see what i mean.

I know what i'm doing and it's a risk i tend to take for the server's good health.

LE: If you guys have some note's(information) about the last working update of 3.1.9 patch and maybe a download link for that update could help me a lot.

I respect what everyone is doing here. I didn't make this topic to put you guys to work or something i was just asking if you have something that could help. THAT's ALL!

Anyway i know that nothing is better than to create something with your hands, i hope i didn't upset no one.

The topic can be closed now, i have nothing to say.

Thank you for your help guys.^_^

first of all, you should post the mangos version you are using (what revision of the source code) and what custom patches you are using. IF no one answers something like "oh that revision+patch-X = bug-Y" then we can start going deeper.

Also, be sure you are using one of tha latest mangos revisions or people wont help you because you could be reporting bugs that already have been fixed.

And then, most Dev's that fix and know about bugs will talk to you in the "bug reports" section. Post your bug with all the above info and everything else they ask for in "how to report a but" and you will get a usefull answer.

good luck!