Mangos functions tutorial

Guest amine99

Hello i am searching for a post or an internet page that contains all the functions of mangos and their explication because i am a c++ programmer but I have no knowledge on Mangos Developpement and i would like to interest at

Please help me to find tutorials or everything

I founded how to compile a core with visual C++. That's OK but my first question is :

Where do I write or introduce my C++ codes ? I have many projects :

framework

game

etc.

Where do I introduce, hmm for exemple to correct a spell bug. Where do I introduce the code ? In which project, in which file (.cpp)

If to correct a spell I must use another program please show me all

Thanks

So, I write my patch with .cpp extension.

I open GIT BASH, i write ( cd (my_sources))

Then : git apply <patch>...

Than I compile :)

Is it just ?

No, you make a patch after you edited the the core files for easy distribution or for submitting a patch to mangos. or you apply a patch you got from mangos with it.

To edit the core you need to edit the .cpp and .h files relevant to your problem/edit, just a matter of figuring out where the logic for that perticular action is.

I don't really understand, I have question, please answer them and I'll understand all ^_^ :

- Exemple : I have the spell "Think' that causes 1500% damages from the normal. I wanna correct it, how do ? (I don't need code, just the procedure)

- Exemple : Akama didn't walk, Illidan is impossible to do. What is the procedure (without code) to correct that ?

- If I download a patch from MaNGOS, how to apply it ? (all the procedure with the appropriate commands)

That's all, I'll understand ALL if you answer me these 3 questions.

Thanks

I don't really understand, I have question, please answer them and I'll understand all ^_^ :

- Exemple : I have the spell "Think' that causes 1500% damages from the normal. I wanna correct it, how do ? (I don't need code, just the procedure)

- Exemple : Akama didn't walk, Illidan is impossible to do. What is the procedure (without code) to correct that ?

- If I download a patch from MaNGOS, how to apply it ? (all the procedure with the appropriate commands)

Thanks

- Depends whether it is an effect or an aura which is bugged. If it's an effect, then you need to modify SpellEffects.cpp, if it's an aura then it's SpellAuras.cpp.

- This is in ScriptDev2, and it depends how it's implemented in ScriptDev2. To correct it you make him walk.

- Depends on the patch. Either use linux patch command or git apply.

Your questions are too vague to go into real detail.

there is probably a wrong dbc value, so soultions are:

-edit dbc (illegal procedure)

-write something on spelleffects.cpp/spellauras.cpp/unit.cpp

-control values in the databse (for exemple the damage of some spell bonuses is inside spell_bonus_data)

this is a script/waypoint issue, so from scripts (mangos use scriptdev2) or from db where are set coord of waypoint

Thanks

if your patch file is called patch.diff just

patch -p1 < patch.diff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use