[bug][0.12] Ritual of Summoning requires two soul shards

Guest FragFrog

Mangos Version: 9358, 0.12 branch.

Custom Patches: None related (have the problem on a clean core too).

SD2 Version: 1573

Database Name and Version : TBCDB 0.2.2.2

How it SHOULD work: Ritual of Souls should require 1 shoul shard.

How it DOES work: Ritual of Souls requires 2 soul shards.

This bug has been around for a while now, and seems rather persistant. When summoning someone, warlocks are seen casting two different spells, and each one of them costs a soul shard - as a result, it's twice as expensive to summon people. The original spell is 698, which triggers 46546 - they seem very much identical, except that 46546 has a 30yd range and 698 has infinite range.

Now in Spell::EffectTriggerRitualOfSummoning this is caused by calling CastSpell with triggered = false - if changed to true, the ritual only costs one soul shard (as expected, as this is a special case in Spell::CheckItems) and no longer shows two different casts as well, which would be a good fix, only then the ritual does not work anymore at all.

I am guessing it broke around this commit, reverting that (and commenting out the last changed line) fixes it, but since I am not entirely sure why it was changed do I not know whether that would be a definite fix :)

Since I could not find any other reports on the issue I am assuming it's TBC only, or people simply do not care. I would not either, except that soul shards don't stack and bringing along 50 of the buggers makes my bags full :D

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use