TAO-ACE Code

Guest DaemonCantor

Mangos Core 9618

ahbot, 3_dual_spec_9509, vehicles(Tassadar's repo),Item Duration.

Problem:

First Player logs in and server Crash/Freeze. Details in the ahbot thread.

Affects:

Windows x64 builds.

Comments:

what I found is the TAO-ACE net code is damaging packet communication between server and client, and how I came to this conclusion is major amount of compiler errors linked to ace-wrappers in the x64 builds but not in the x32 builds along with the problem of freezing/crashing doesn't exist in the x32 builds. Most of the errors detail data loss.

This is a small sample from realmd build log on x64

Main.cpp
c:\\MangosTest\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'ssize_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
AuthSocket.cpp
c:\\MangosTest\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'ssize_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
Generating Code...

and this is the same output window for x32 builds

Compiling...
WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
RealmList.cpp
Main.cpp
AuthSocket.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Linking...
  Creating library ..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\realmd.lib and object ..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\realmd.exp
Embedding manifest...

I've downloaded the latest TAO-ACE Netcode source but haven't a clue as how to fix this.

Thank you for looking at this

I have also some issues with ACE i think , do you also have memory leak?

I don't really know on this issue I've been more into trying to figgure out whats causing the ahbot to freeze/crash the server and reconfiguring over and over just to be slammed with compiler errors and warnings with pretty much all of them dealing with dataloss and or corruption pointing to the ace_wrappers, but as I've stated it doesn't show on 32bit builds plus what I listed is only a very small list of the errors which I get in just about all the modules except the ace it self that is clean for some weired reason, and yes it even hits the tbb and tbbmalloc modules

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "generating tbbmalloc.def file"

all in all I get somewhere around 300 warnings/errors( aprox 70 errors and rest are warnings). so there could be a leak.

I know for a fact that the AHBot did not begin this behavior of lagging when performing maintenance cycles on the tables used by AHBot until after the adoption of tbbmalloc and that's with a Win32 platform. Now, some may say it's the fault of AHBot. However, there are now performance issues emerging on x64 Windows platforms, without the AHBot, that display the similar behavior. I believe the large table operations of AHBot simply exposed an underlying flaw in the code.

What DaemonCantor has stated about the complier warnings is a matter I can back up with direct experience in operating my server. My server is Win32 and I have no compiler warnings about data loss, yet I am constantly being required to repair tables where they have crashed or not been properly closed. I also have constant warnings about unprocessed tail data and corrupt packets from the client being output to the MaNGOS console, especially where character trades, auctions, and mail are concerned. These occur every few minutes. Before the addition of tbbmalloc, I never had any of these console errors.

How extensively was tbbmalloc tested with ACE for Windows platforms before being integrated into the core?

I'm wondering if ACE ports for Win64 and Win32 may not be fully compatible with other malloc modules, if there's some issue between the ACE malloc and tbbmalloc. I would like to see some information on how to remove tbbmalloc for Win32 platforms, to test performance, since ACE is tied so deeply into the core I don't know if it is practical to even try removing it.

As of today with latest rev 9620 this is what I got on the x64 build compile:

..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbbmalloc\\MemoryAllocator.cpp(1520) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch
..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbbmalloc\\MemoryAllocator.cpp(1523) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch
..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbbmalloc\\MemoryAllocator.cpp(1526) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch

These might be whats causing part of the memory leak as mentioned above and here's the rest of the errors/warnings I get fromr the build including a couple that I see are from the 3_dual_spec_9509.patch because they didn't appear until I compiled that patch in the 32bit compile which I did first one commit/patch at a time:

Ace
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'ssize_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
ObjectLifeTime.cpp
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(110) : warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(79) : see declaration of 'strcat'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(120) : warning C4996: 'wcscat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcscat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(245) : see declaration of 'wcscat'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(178) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(188) : warning C4996: 'wcscpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcscpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(252) : see declaration of 'wcscpy'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(222) : warning C4996: 'strdup': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _strdup. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(207) : see declaration of 'strdup'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(266) : warning C4996: 'strncat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(144) : see declaration of 'strncat'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(279) : warning C4996: 'wcsncat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcsncat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(268) : see declaration of 'wcsncat'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(320) : warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(157) : see declaration of 'strncpy'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(329) : warning C4996: 'wcsncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcsncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(275) : see declaration of 'wcsncpy'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(513) : warning C4996: 'strtok': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strtok_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(166) : see declaration of 'strtok'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(524) : warning C4996: 'wcstok': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcstok_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(280) : see declaration of 'wcstok'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(140) : warning C4996: 'getenv': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _dupenv_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(447) : see declaration of 'getenv'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(152) : warning C4996: '_wgetenv': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _wdupenv_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(653) : see declaration of '_wgetenv'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(163) : warning C4996: '_itoa': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _itoa_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(465) : see declaration of '_itoa'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(176) : warning C4996: '_itow': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _itow_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(640) : see declaration of '_itow'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(242) : warning C4996: '_mktemp': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _mktemp_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\io.h(206) : see declaration of '_mktemp'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(253) : warning C4996: '_wmktemp': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _wmktemp_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\wchar.h(320) : see declaration of '_wmktemp'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(310) : warning C4996: 'putenv': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _putenv. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(864) : see declaration of 'putenv'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(59) : warning C4996: 'access': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _access. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\io.h(303) : see declaration of 'access'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(131) : warning C4996: 'chdir': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _chdir. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(127) : see declaration of 'chdir'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(156) : warning C4996: 'rmdir': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _rmdir. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(129) : see declaration of 'rmdir'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(377) : warning C4996: 'getcwd': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _getcwd. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(121) : see declaration of 'getcwd'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'ssize_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4996: 'swab': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _swab. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(865) : see declaration of 'swab'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(1127) : warning C4996: 'unlink': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _unlink. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdio.h(301) : see declaration of 'unlink'
Generating Code...
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\framework__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
framework - 0 error(s), 26 warning(s)

More:

Database.cpp
Threading.cpp
ServiceWin32.cpp
Common.cpp
SARC4.cpp
Hmac.cpp
BigNumber.cpp
AuthCrypt.cpp
mempool.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
dotconfpp.cpp
Config.cpp
Util.cpp
ProgressBar.cpp
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_string.inl(222) : warning C4996: 'strdup': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _strdup. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\string.h(207) : see declaration of 'strdup'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl(310) : warning C4996: 'putenv': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _putenv. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(864) : see declaration of 'putenv'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(59) : warning C4996: 'access': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _access. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\io.h(303) : see declaration of 'access'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(131) : warning C4996: 'chdir': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _chdir. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(127) : see declaration of 'chdir'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(156) : warning C4996: 'rmdir': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _rmdir. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(129) : see declaration of 'rmdir'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(377) : warning C4996: 'getcwd': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _getcwd. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\direct.h(121) : see declaration of 'getcwd'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(983) : warning C4996: 'swab': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _swab. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdlib.h(865) : see declaration of 'swab'
c:\\MangosSRC\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_unistd.inl(1127) : warning C4996: 'unlink': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _unlink. See online help for details.
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\stdio.h(301) : see declaration of 'unlink'
MemoryLeaks.cpp
       c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\io.h(216) : see declaration of 'unlink'
Log.cpp
DBCFileLoader.cpp
SQLStorage.cpp
SqlOperations.cpp
SqlDelayThread.cpp
QueryResultMysql.cpp
Field.cpp
DatabaseMysql.cpp
Generating Code...
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\shared__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
shared - 0 error(s), 46 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release x64 ------
Compiling...
pchdef.cpp

Player.cpp

Player.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\Player.cpp(12809) : warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned

Creature.cpp

Creature.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\Creature.cpp(1912) : warning C4305: 'return' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\game__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
game - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)

RASocket.cpp
Master.cpp
MaNGOSsoap.cpp
Main.cpp
CliRunnable.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Linking...
  Creating library .\\mangosd__x64_Release\\mangosd.lib and object .\\mangosd__x64_Release\\mangosd.exp
Embedding manifest...
Performing Post-Build Event...
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\x64_Release\\ACE.dll
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\x64_Release\\libeay32.dll
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\x64_Release\\libmySQL.dll
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\x64_Release\\tbb.dll
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\x64_Release\\tbbmalloc.dll
       5 file(s) copied.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
mangosd - 0 error(s), 6 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release x64 ------
Compiling...
sc_defines.cpp
sc_default.cpp
system.cpp
ScriptMgr.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
  Creating library .\\script__x64_Release/mangosscript.lib and object .\\script__x64_Release/mangosscript.exp
Embedding manifest...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosSRC\\win\\VC90\\script__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
script - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)

I hope this can be fixed so we can get the x64 builds on Windows fixed.

Reposted from the AHbot thread as I think DaemonCantor & UnkleNuke are onto something, and I believe my testing with AHbot is relevant.

Then maybe I'm having a different issue then the rest of you. I just did some extensive testing and my problem is without a doubt caused by ahbot being enabled. I compiled MaNGOS 9620 + SD2 1653 + Ahbot, and rebuilt my DBs from scratch using UDB and I'm still having hangs on login & logout as well as seg faults caused by the anti-freeze mechanism. If I disable ahbot in mangosd.conf the problem goes away. I also installed mytop so I can watch what the mysql server is doing. Sure enough, every time my hard drive thrashes, tables are being created/deleted in characters->auctionhouse or characters->item_instance. The hangs occur whenever you try to login/logout or quit mangos-worldd while its processing those queries. Using the default setting of processing 200 items at a time, which generates 600 items per minute (200 x 3 AHs), it takes ~25 sec for it to complete a cycle until it reaches the minimum number of items as set in characters->auctionhousebot. This is waaaaaaay longer that it has in the past. Since I started using AHbot, I've had it set to process 1000 items per cycle (3000 queries per minute). At that rate, with the slow sql processing, it doesn't have time to finish the previous cycle before starting a new one, so the queries get backed up, which after a while will cause anti-freeze to segfault mangos-worldd. I think UnkleNuke is right that the problem isn't with AHbot itself, but is a problem in MaNGOS being exposed by its heavy use of sql queries.

On Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit test system (Core 2 Duo 3GHz 2GB RAM). I'm about to test it on my Debian Lenny 64-bit production machine and see if I get the same results. I'm guessing this problems was introduced a while back but since my AH was already stocked, I wasn't noticing it, where as with my testbed, the AH starts out empty..

skinlayers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use