Instances not resetting

Guest tehavatar

Yup, got a few reports of people with instances that didnt reset even 4 days after reset.

PS. Why dont any of you devs use try/catch blocks in the code? Ive got some crashes that I dont know how to fix, simply added a try/catch block with RETURN 0 as the catch and ive got 1week+ uptime with 200 online. I know this is bad practice, but i mean... while you are debugging, uptime is a big issue.

tehavatar: I am using a TBC core based on 9524 and got, at the moment, 7 days 5 hours uptime with 280 max users. Our previous version was 8719 and even with half a dozen crashfixes that only got two, three days usually. Mangos developers really do work on stability ;)

That being said, with a week uptime peoples instances are indeed not resetting correctly. This seems to affect heroic instances mostly, raids (like Sunwell Plateau and Kara) do appear to reset every thursday. It is mostly anoying for people that are bound to an instance ID and keep that ID for as long as the server is up, since it means they cannot join another group for heroics. I can't imagine it's hard to write a script that clears all ID's every night, would be pretty much just a matter of executing a few truncate SQL queries and resetting clients.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use