help me connection issue

Auntie Mangos

Your server has an IP on your LAN, but you are trying to bind to the router's public IP

set bind IP to "0.0.0.0"

set the DB IP's to the LAN IP of your server (in both mangos.conf and realmd.conf)

Some routers aren't capable of NAT loopback. If you aren't able to connect from inside the LAN, read this thread for some workarounds.

and if you're concerned about keeping the server private and safe, you should:

• * remove the domain name from your post
    * stop using DMZ, use port forwarding for ports 3724 and 8085

• 40 years later...

ok i am running latest mangos core everything loads up fine and dandy but when i try to run my wow over lan i end up getting in the endless loop of realmlist and loggin into game server my realmlist file is setup like it should my config are set up correctly and my client is 11723 3.3.3 the os that i run is 7 my server hosting mangos is server 2008 firewalls are down and everything and alos dmz thru router i used a port checker tool and the world server port is open im thinking some this in the server operating system is blocking in bound connections and iv created security rules for my wow server allowing all access to the wow server and im getting very frustrated because my dedicated ut2k4 server no one has issues connecting so can some one help me?

You sound like you know what your networking wise but i'll ask anyways,

Did you set the IP address in the realmlist table (realmd DB ) to the LAN IP of the server, and also use this IP in your clients realmlist.wtf file?

Default MaNGOS will use RealmID 1, the default DB entry for RealmID 1 is 127.0.0.1 (loopback not LAN), change that entry to reflect your LAN address

You sound like you know what your networking wise but i'll ask anyways,

Did you set the IP address in the realmlist table (realmd DB ) to the LAN IP of the server, and also use this IP in your clients realmlist.wtf file?

Default MaNGOS will use RealmID 1, the default DB entry for RealmID 1 is 127.0.0.1 (loopback not LAN), change that entry to reflect your LAN address

Did everything icould think of

LoginDatabaseInfo = "insanewow.game-host.org;3306;*******;*******;realmd"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "insanewow.game-host.org;3306;*******;*******;mangos"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "insanewow.game-host.org;3306;*******;*******;characters"

MaxPingTime = 30

WorldServerPort = 8085

BindIP = "insanewow.game-host.org"

#took out user and pw so i dont get hacked

#########################################

realmlist.wtf

set realmlist insanewow.game-host.org

set patchlist insanewow.game-host.org

#########################################

realm_db info

1 Insane WOW insanewow.game-host.org 8085 1 2 1 0 0 11723

#hostname redirects to my internet ip im very iffy bout giving that out because of hackers these days lol

########################################