Enduring Winter doesn't trigger Replenishment

Guest The Wanderer

Mangos Version: r10892

Custom Patches: None, now that underlying changes broke the "Blink fix" patch I'd been maintaining.

SD2 Version: r1913

Database Name and Version: 'UDB 0.12.1 (395) for MaNGOS 10892 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1913', plus ACID 3.0.7 and a few local tweaks to item-drop and herb-spawn rates.

How it SHOULD work: After taking the talent Enduring Winter, casting Frostbolt should trigger the Replenishment effect (spell 57669).

How it DOES work: With max-rank Enduring Winter, casting Frostbolt does not trigger the Replenishment effect.

Additional information: Sometime in 2010, this worked, with the same rank of the same talent. I did not immediately notice when it stopped working, and I haven't been able to identify either the relevant change (in the commit logs) or the actual relevant code. However, the revisions I have been running at during that time are:

r9310

r9311

r9671

r6729

r9795

r10000

r10269

r10549

r10720

r10892

so presumably it was functional at one of those points, with the corresponding then-newest versions of USB, SD2, and ACID.

In the config file for this instance of mangosd, Rate.Talent is set to 4. The character on which this is being observed has taken very nearly all of the Mage talents, which was not the case when the effect was observed to be working; it is possible that some interaction between talents is affecting this, but I don't know how likely that is, or which ones it might be if so.

I do notice that there is provision for spell ID 57669 in the SPELLFAMILY_PRIEST, SPELLFAMILY_HUNTER and SPELLFAMILY_PALADIN cases of Unit::HandleDummyAuraProc, but not in the SPELLFAMILY_MAGE or SPELLFAMILY_WARLOCK cases; I tested a couple of (the listed) revisions ago, and as expected, Warlocks also didn't see their Replenishment effect, but the other three listed classes did see their own versions. I tried to check the history to see if there might once have been such an entry, but didn't get very far, because that file is new enough to not have much history; I also tried adding a SPELLFAMILY_MAGE case modeled after one or another of the existing PRIEST, HUNTER and PALADIN ones, but did not manage to get it to produce any visible effect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use