Using Cmake to compile help?

Auntie Mangos

• 41 years later...

Hello, I have been using Mangos for quite some time now and never had a problem compiling but once it was switched to cmake I have been lost:(

Can someone please explain to me the steps needed to compile with cmake?

I have Cmake installed and the latest revision downloaded from mangos git.

Thank you in advance.

Kreegoth

I read the announcement Pat:( the problem seems to be that when i clone the repo and click CreateProjects.bat it Executes then I receive an error output file with an indication that it could not find many files and then i have nothing else..

Im using Windows 7 32 bit.

I have reinstalled Cmake 2.8 I have reinstalled Visual studio 8 and 10.. I have recloned the repo.

I dont know what else to do.. Ive followed the instructions.. Cmake was installed with path included as instructions say... Im going to redownload all the programs on another computer and see if it works better there but i dont understand what i can be doing wrong...

Upon following your instructions Vladimir I end up with this error output log

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler: cl 
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:
The system cannot find the file specified

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Build flags: 
Id flags: -c

The output was:

Build flags: 
Id flags: -Aa

The output was:

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Build flags: 
Id flags: -c

The output was:

Determining the version of compiler failed with the following output:
CreateProcessError: The system cannot find the file specified.

for command: cl /nologo -EP "C:\\Program Files\\CMake 2.8\\share\\cmake-2.8\\Modules\\CMakeTestNMakeCLVersion.c"

Determining if this is a free VC compiler failed with the following output:

for command: cl /nologo /MD /EHsc "C:\\Program Files\\CMake 2.8\\share\\cmake-2.8\\Modules\\CMakeTestForFreeVC.cxx" 
in dir: C:/Users/Andrew/Desktop/Feb18RSA/mangos/src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp2

Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:

I know it says RSA but the same log is created with a clean Mangos Clone as well

confirm. i have same problem. but i fixed one of them by renaming file names

go to

C:\\Program Files\\CMake 2.8\\share\\cmake-2.8\\Modules

find there this files

CMakeCCompilerId.c.in

CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.in

and copy paste them in same folder but rename those files without .in format

like this

CMakeCCompilerId.c

CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp

this way this files fixed. but i dont know what to do with this problem

for command: cl /nologo -EP "C:\\Program Files\\CMake 2.8\\share\\cmake-2.8\\Modules\\CMakeTestNMakeCLVersion.c"

Determining if this is a free VC compiler failed with the following output:

for command: cl /nologo /MD /EHsc "C:\\Program Files\\CMake 2.8\\share\\cmake-2.8\\Modules\\CMakeTestForFreeVC.cxx" 
in dir: C:/Users/Andrew/Desktop/Feb18RSA/mangos/src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp2

Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:

because this files are in that place and they ar not missing.

im using win xp 32bit. with VC 2008 c++

Partially solved this problem so far..

It built somewhat fine Vlad if i used the VS 2008 command line found under Visual studio tools. It seemed on windows it wouldnt for some reason install under the normal Command line shell.

I will attempt compilation later and update here.

Trying to compile in Cmake(Again only possible through VS 2008 cmd line) came out with this error Could NOT find Git (missing: GIT_EXECUTABLE)

Will try to figure this part out later.

yep. using VS 2008 CMD tool is working for configuring and Generating files by using createprojects.bat

only missing VS project mangos.sln file :(

BUT i dont get the point. i can make all this stuff using cmake soft. and this soft will create all necessary files + mangos.sln

my problem is that i cant compile this mangos.sln file. its givin me lot of errors, ACE_wrappers is my problem now.

here it is how i fix problem with Git (missing: GIT_EXECUTABLE)

manualy add the path in cmake.

12345il.jpg

well yea GIT not Found error is not affect cmake generate process.

im almost done. fixed all compile errors. i just cant figurout this one.

10>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ACE.lib'

:D in solutions i cant find this file. and in folders i found it but it still sayin cannot open.

if i fix this i will write tutorial how to use cmake :D

GIT must be optional after last revs fix. Or it missing still problem in cmake generation?

I meaning: GIT not found error can be ignored. And it don't must affect cmake generation continue.

I have installed in normal way CMAKE tool 2.8.2 (with enabled option at install add it to path)

and VS80/VS90/VS100 and tool fine find VS100 as preffered VS version and work.

Ofc, need run .bat form cmd.exe command line and from current mangos dir

well ive found the directory and got it to configure and generate correctly but when i go to compile in VS2010 it starts ZERO_CHECK compilation and then freezes...

Venom can you send me a PM with the steps you are taking so far step by step so maybe we can continue this conversation there and put together we can figure out where we are going wrong?

Hi thar,

I also have some problems to get mangos compiled with cmake/VisualStudio,

After I made the .sln and other files with cmake, I try to compile the projects with VC++ 2010, but I get the following errors (translated in english):

2>------ Started creating: Project: ACE_Project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
2>  Creating directories for 'ACE_Project'
3>------ Started creating: Project: revision.h, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
2>  Performing ACE_Upgrade step for 'ACE_Project'
2>  Microsoft (R)-Buildmodul, Version 4.0.30319.1
2>  [Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.1]
2>  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. 
2>  
2>MSBUILD : error MSB1001: Unknown Switch
2>  Switch: /upgrade
2>  
4>------ Started creating: Project: TBB_Project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
4>  Creating directories for 'TBB_Project'
5>------ Started creating: Project: shared, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
4>  Performing TBB_Upgrade step for 'TBB_Project'
4>  Microsoft (R)-Buildmodul, Version 4.0.30319.1
4>  [Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.1]
4>  
4>MSBUILD : error MSB1001: Unknown Switch
4>  Switch: /upgrade

I have no idea what that /upgrade switch is for, why it is unknown to MSBUILD and how I can fix this..

If anyone has experienced the same problem or does know how to fix this, please tell.

you need to remove [upgrade] file from solutions ACE_PROJECT and TBB_PROJECT.

This is no help for me

Any other solutions?

My compile error

german:

1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: ACE_Project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: revision.h, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
1>Performing ACE_Build step for 'ACE_Project'
2>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\revision.h.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
2>revision.h - 0 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
1>Project : error PRJ0019: Ein Tool hat einen Fehlercode aus folgender Quelle zurückgegeben: "Performing ACE_Build step for 'ACE_Project'"
1>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ACE_Project.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
1>ACE_Project - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
3>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: TBB_Project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
3>Performing TBB_Build step for 'TBB_Project'
4>------ Erstellen übersprungen: Projekt: uninstall, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
4>Für diese Projektmappenkonfiguration wurde kein zu erstellendes Projekt ausgewählt. 
3>Project : error PRJ0019: Ein Tool hat einen Fehlercode aus folgender Quelle zurückgegeben: "Performing TBB_Build step for 'TBB_Project'"
3>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\dep\\tbb\\TBB_Project.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
3>TBB_Project - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
5>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: realmd, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
6>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: mangosd, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
5>Verknüpfen...
6>Verknüpfen...
6>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei "ACE.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei "ACE.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
6>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\src\\mangosd\\mangosd.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
6>mangosd - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
5>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\src\\realmd\\realmd.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
5>realmd - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
7>------ Erstellen übersprungen: Projekt: INSTALL, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
7>Für diese Projektmappenkonfiguration wurde kein zu erstellendes Projekt ausgewählt. 
========== Erstellen: 1 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 4, 9 aktuell, 2 übersprungen ==========

english translation from me

1>------ Started creating: Project: ACE_Project, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Started creating: Project: revision.h, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Performing ACE_Build step for 'ACE_Project'
2>The Build protokoll save in "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\revision.h.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
2>revision.h - 0 Error, 0 warnings
1>Project : error PRJ0019: One Tool has a error from source: "Performing ACE_Build step for 'ACE_Project'"
1>The Build protokoll save in "file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ACE_Project.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
1>ACE_Project - 1 Error, 0 warnings
3>------ Started creating: Project: TBB_Project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
3>Performing TBB_Build step for 'TBB_Project'
4>------ jump over Building: Project: uninstall, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>For this Project-folder-Configuration no project is choosen>Project : error PRJ0019:  One Tool has a error from source: "Performing TBB_Build step for 'TBB_Project'"
3>The Build protokoll save in"file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\dep\\tbb\\TBB_Project.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
3>TBB_Project - 1 Error, 0 Warnings
5>------ Started creating: Project: realmd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6>------ Started creating: Project: mangosd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>Link...
6>Link...
6>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: "ACE.lib" can not open
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: "ACE.lib" can not open
6>The Build protokoll save in"file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\src\\mangosd\\mangosd.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
6>mangosd -1 Error, 0 Warnings
5>The Build protokoll save in"file://h:\\meinWoW3\\cmake\\src\\realmd\\realmd.dir\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
5>realmd - 1 Error, 0 Warnings
7>------ Jump over Creating: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
7>For this Project-folder-Configuration no project is choosen
========== Creating: 1 sucess, Error  4, 9 actual, 2 jump over ==========

I use Win7 64-bit, but i want make a compile for 32-bit mangos

I have start this compile with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

I hope someone can help me.