[Help] Implementing Vehicles

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created git branch for this patch(260kb patch file sux):

git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle

At least I will keep it up-to-date, and if I will have some time, I will try to improve it.

It's doesn't work

mv -f .deps/VoiceChatHandler.Tpo .deps/VoiceChatHandler.Po

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/game -I../.. -I../../../dep/ACE_wrappers -I../../dep/ACE_wrappers -I/usr/include/mysql -I../../src/shared -I../../../src/game -I../../../src/game/../../dep/include -I../../../src/game/../framework -I../../../src/game/../shared -I../../../src/game/../shared/vmap -I../../../src/game/../realmd -DSYSCONFDIR=\\"/opt/mangos322/etc/\\" -DDO_MYSQL -g -O2 -MT WaypointManager.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/WaypointManager.Tpo -c -o WaypointManager.o ../../../src/game/WaypointManager.cpp

../../../src/game/Unit.cpp: In member function ‘float Unit::CalculateLevelPenalty(const SpellEntry*) const’:

../../../src/game/Unit.cpp:2461: error: ‘LvlPenalty’ was not declared in this scope

make[3]: *** [unit.o] Error 1

make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

mv -f .deps/WaypointManager.Tpo .deps/WaypointManager.Po

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ArtUrlWWW/mangos/objdir/src/game'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ArtUrlWWW/mangos/objdir/src'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ArtUrlWWW/mangos/objdir'

make: *** [all] Error 2

[root@wowsrv objdir]#

I created git branch for this patch(260kb patch file sux):

At least I will keep it up-to-date, and if I will have some time, I will try to improve it.

You are trying to pull my master branch, you have to pull branch named "vehicle"

How I can create mangos with the vehcicle and dual spec mod's from your repo?

With what commands?

I try

[root@wowsrv valhalla]# git clone git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/ArtUrlWWW/gitpatches/valhalla/Valhalla-Project/.git/

remote: Counting objects: 39048, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (7972/7972), done.

remote: Total 39048 (delta 31718), reused 38289 (delta 31011)

Receiving objects: 100% (39048/39048), 28.87 MiB | 84 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (31718/31718), done.

[root@wowsrv objdir]# git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle

From git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project

* branch vehicle -> FETCH_HEAD

Auto-merged src/game/DBCStores.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/GameObject.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Map.h

Auto-merged src/game/Player.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Player.h

Auto-merged src/game/SharedDefines.h

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/SharedDefines.h

Auto-merged src/game/Spell.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Spell.h

Auto-merged src/game/SpellAuras.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/SpellEffects.cpp

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/SpellEffects.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Unit.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Unit.h

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/Unit.h

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

But repo is up to date

Because my master branch is not clear, I have some patches in there. try...

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git
cd mangos
<your dual spec patch>

EDIT: I just ported accessories system from TC2: http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/ce7dae7565a981a9b5694966ed0fc492e7a02c63

Some issues:

- This mangos patch is different than on TC2, so there are some problems:

You cant see accessories on vehicle before you get on it

When you enter accessories, it despawns and create new vehicle

When vehicle dies, Accessories does not dissapear

- Accessories is hardcoded, I plan to move it into DB table

Because my master branch is not clear, I have some patches in there. try...

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git
cd mangos
<your dual spec patch>

EDIT: I just ported accessories system from TC2: http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/ce7dae7565a981a9b5694966ed0fc492e7a02c63

Some issues:

- This mangos patch is different than on TC2, so there are some problems:

You cant see accessories on vehicle before you get on it

When you enter accessories, it despawns and create new vehicle

When vehicle dies, Accessories does not dissapear

- Accessories is hardcoded, I plan to move it into DB table

Thank you. But now I use http://github.com/insider42/mangos repo. I need to applay your patches on this repo. I like this repo for reqular updates and many patches.

Can you make your repo like the http://github.com/insider42/mangos? With more patches, vehicle and "dual spec" - all in one?

It so happens that when you apply to the original repository of mangos patch on the vehicle of your repository is not possible to put a patch on the dual-spec. Could you make a repository with these two patches simultaneously with the patch from the repository http://github.com/insider42/mangos?

And the second question - that I could not apply the patch to correct my repository. Then, a commando GIT can get the files modified in this patch? For example, files with commit http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/465f756222119cb00c0eea4e0435be8f90376681? Ie get the files themselves, displayed on the page http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/465f756222119cb00c0eea4e0435be8f90376681?

Sorry, I wont do this, because insader's branch is (really) custom. But you can clone insiders branch, then pull my branch and solve conflicts...

There is one problem with current vehicle patch - when you spawn for example wintergrasp siege tank, it is NOT a vehicle - it will became vehicle after somebody clicks onto it, and thats wrong. But sadly, I have not enough knowledge to solve this. Please help, if you can :(

No, I don't know )))

And the second question - that I could not apply the patch to correct my repository. Then, how to get with GIT can get the files modified in this patch? For example, files with commit http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla...5be8f90376681? Ie get the files themselves, displayed on the page http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla...5be8f90376681?

All repos/pathes which implements a vehicle are the same.

Only in Wojta's repo i have seen some improvements.

added

To Wojta; would be fine to unite the vehicle and wintergrasp (but first it must be created) branches. And develop it as one task. How you think?

added

To Wojta; would be fine to unite the vehicle and wintergrasp (but first it must be created) branches. And develop it as one task. How you think?

I try ask again :) How to get files from the http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/465f756222119cb00c0eea4e0435be8f90376681#diff-41commit as all modified files or one united diff file???

added

Well, we can try it, but at first we need to solve some problems with vehicles (steam power, when you spawn vehicle it is only creature etc). But if somebody want, it would be good to write code for Wintergrasp end/start a correct queue players into battle.

Well, we can try it, but at first we need to solve some problems with vehicles (steam power, when you spawn vehicle it is only creature etc). But if somebody want, it would be good to write code for Wintergrasp end/start a correct queue players into battle.

For a tests it's possible to use the wintergrasp code from TC2.

Can you send me more detailed descriptions about this bugs?

For a tests it's possible to use the wintergrasp code from TC2.

Can you send me more detailed descriptions about this bugs?

What is the wintergrasp and TC2?

May be TC2 - it's repo? If yes, what is the TC2 URL to download?

Detailed description:

I download insiders repo.

Next, I made patch from your vehicle branch, named as the 3030--vh1-VEHICLE-PATCH.patch

Next, I compiled server and apply SQL patches on DB tables

Next, I have applay patch on insider's repo and fix any problems with my hands )))

Next, I start the server and gone to the Ulduar.

Next, I click on the tank (cursor turns into a green arrow pointing down)

Next, I see what I printscreen and attached picture above

About vehicles :)

What is the wintergrasp and TC2?

May be TC2 - it's repo? If yes, what is the TC2 URL to download?

Detailed description:

I download insiders repo.

Next, I made patch from your vehicle branch, named as the 3030--vh1-VEHICLE-PATCH.patch

Next, I compiled server and apply SQL patches on DB tables

Next, I have applay patch on insider's repo and fix any problems with my hands )))

Next, I start the server and gone to the Ulduar.

Next, I click on the tank (cursor turns into a green arrow pointing down)

Next, I see what I printscreen and attached picture above

//VF_HAS_FUEL                     = 0x0100,                   // TODO : find out what energy type is fuel and implement this

This is used for example in Ulduar vehicles I think...(on TC2 it works, I think we can inspire..)

As i said: When you spawn vehicle(.npc add) its not vehicle, but normal creature.

Flying vehicles does not work? I tried frost wyrm from DK start location, and it cant fly. Maybe just wrong movement type, on rastikzzz's patch it worked fine :/

Accessories is not complete, when vehicle dies accessory not, etc(but Im working on this)

Thats all I found...

I promise I'll improve my skill in english :)

Well, I should do the same :)

http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/commit/d37214184d416d55dc54b15fb24e97d4af2d8a04 - so for example wintergrasp siege tanks have turrets - and you can shot from them when somebody else drive vehicle!