Playerbot (archive)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my absence, I've been re-building my server. I have just updated blueboy, merging it with MaNGOS[9387] & I have tested the server with,

auctionhousebot[Naicisum]

autobroadcast[Xeross]

PSMDB[292] updated

SD2[1573]updated

It compiles without issue and appears to run well :rolleyes:

P.S I'm sure your aware that you will need to update your client to 3.3.2 and create new [maps] & [dbc] files.

Cheers

Hi all,

I am very interested in your project Playerbot. I have some questions. Could you tell me, where I can download source (Git?) and how difficult is to install and set up the Playerbot?

Thanks for answer...

Hi,

We are current downloading playerbot code from the blueboy repo @

git://github.com/blueboy/mangos.git

How difficult is it to install? That depends on you..

You can either create a standalone patch, and apply this to a clean download of MaNGOS, or merge the blueboy repo with your existing install. Then compile as normal.

I have provided info on creating a patch in a previous post on this thread. If you want to merge with an existing install, take a look at the first post on this thread.

Because of continuous changes to the MaNGOS branch, be advised by the version of MaNGOS used with the playerbot code on the repo. This is shown in square brackets in the commit description. If you disregard this, expect conflicts!

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that vladex posted an excellent reply to your question

Hope this helps

Hi blueboy

I have a question about git. When i merge action house or other gits there is no change in git database header. When merge your git there is a change in header and it cannot update the mangos git. The only difference by simlpe inpection is the brance name , the other gits have different name like ahbot but your have the same name -master- . Is it easy to change that to somthing like playerbot ?

(may be all this is stupid , I am not expert in git or C++)

Thanks

Hi blueboy

I have a question about git. When i merge action house or other gits there is no change in git database header. When merge your git there is a change in header and it cannot update the mangos git. The only difference by simlpe inpection is the brance name , the other gits have different name like ahbot but your have the same name -master- . Is it easy to change that to somthing like playerbot ?

(may be all this is stupid , I am not expert in git or C++)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm no expert either. When I first setup 'blueboy', I forked off the main playerbot branch that was labelled 'master'. If I understand your question, your concerned that the playerbot branch 'master' is labelled the same as the MaNGOS branch, also master. When you do a merge, you setup a remote branch to merge with the local branch on your harddrive. The local & remote branches can be labelled to anything you want, e.g.

#>git checkout -b orange <version  HASH>  // create a branch locally called orange,                                      

#>git  branch
* orange
  master                            //   'master' refers to the HEAD of the branch

#>git remote bananas  git://github.com/<repo>/mangos.git //arbitrary label 'bananas'

#>git pull bananas orange

Hope this helps

Hello,

Need bot on server 3.2.2

But when i try this like wiki :

Merging Playerbot fork with Existing Mangos

===========================================

git pull git://github.com/playerbot/mangos.git master

I have a repository error ??? not a git repository !

EDIT: no more i'm just outside source build !!! sorry

I use this script for compil mangos+scripts+playerbot

RC_DIRECTORY=/home/mangos/sources/mangos/
MANGOS_GIT=git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git
SCRIPTDEV_SVN=https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scriptdev2/
SCRIPTDEV_PATH=src/bindings/ScriptDev2
INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/mangos/server/
NUMCORE=2

cd $SRC_DIRECTORY
if [ -d mangos/ ]; then
rm -rf mangos/
else
echo "Project folder empty. Let's start"
fi
sleep 5
echo "Getting Mangos up-to-date"
sleep 2
git clone $MANGOS_GIT
cd mangos/
echo "Reset to old version"
sleep 2
git reset --hard [8994]
echo "Getting SD2 up-to-date"
sleep 2
svn co $SCRIPTDEV_SVN $SCRIPTDEV_PATH/
echo "Applying SD2 patch"
git am $SCRIPTDEV_PATH/patches/MaNGOS-*
sleep 2
echo "Merging playerbot source"
sleep 2
echo "Autoreconf. Please wait"
sleep 5
autoreconf --install --force
echo "Creating new folder for compiling"
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
echo "Configuring Mangos"
../configure --prefix=$INSTALL_PREFIX --sysconfdir=$INSTALL_PREFIX/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=$INSTALL_PREFIX
echo "Compliling Mangos. Go away and make cup of tea :)"
read -p "Press any key to start compiling."
make -j $NUMCORE
read -p "Press any key to install."
make install

But i don't have any bot commands.

What's wrong ?

hi bluboy

I use git extensions so look what happened when i pull-merge your repository

c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Git\\cmd\\git.cmd pull "git://github.com/blueboy/mangos.git" +refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master

From git://github.com/blueboy/mangos

+ 70d4dae...e9ad275 master -> master (forced update)

Warning: fetch updated the current branch head.

Warning: fast forwarding your working tree from

Warning: commit 70d4daec5414947b1abdca8fd3e1ba4fc6ed7753.

Already up-to-date.

I am going to tree and see that the merge had done in 9390

Doing the same with ahbot

c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Git\\cmd\\git.cmd pull "git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos.git" +refs/heads/ahbot:refs/heads/ahbot

From git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos

* [new branch] ahbot -> ahbot

From git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos

* [new tag] ahbot-mangos-v0.14 -> ahbot-mangos-v0.14

* [new tag] ahbot-mangos-v0.15 -> ahbot-mangos-v0.15

Auto-merging src/game/Level3.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Mail.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Player.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Player.h

Auto-merging src/game/World.cpp

Merge made by recursive.

README.AHBOT | 179 ++++

sql/characters_auctionhousebot.sql | 95 ++

sql/characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql | 44 +

src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp | 1487 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

src/game/AuctionHouseBot.h | 979 +++++++++++++++++++

src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp | 13 +-

src/game/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp | 4 +-

src/game/AuctionHouseMgr.h | 3 +

src/game/Chat.cpp | 1 +

src/game/Chat.h | 1 +

src/game/Level3.cpp | 471 +++++++++

src/game/Mail.cpp | 19 +-

src/game/Makefile.am | 2 +

src/game/Player.cpp | 55 ++

src/game/Player.h | 1 +

src/game/World.cpp | 5 +

src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist.in | 73 ++

win/VC100/game.vcxproj | 2 +

win/VC80/game.vcproj | 8 +

win/VC90/game.vcproj | 8 +

20 files changed, 3444 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

create mode 100644 README.AHBOT

create mode 100644 sql/characters_auctionhousebot.sql

create mode 100644 sql/characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql

create mode 100644 src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp

create mode 100644 src/game/AuctionHouseBot.h

Done

the merge now did with mangos 9407

I thought that this is problem with git extentions but I read somewhere in mangos that after player bot merge you need to reset the git

Now i made first a new branch and then pull merge blueboy git. It is merged with 9407. Your direction to make new branch is right.

I had conflicts with creature ... why you put again the bot giver?

thanks for the answer!

good work

I use this script for compil mangos+scripts+playerbot

RC_DIRECTORY=/home/mangos/sources/mangos/
NUMCORE=2

cd $SRC_DIRECTORY
if [ -d mangos/ ]; then
rm -rf mangos/
else
fi
sleep 5
sleep 2
git clone $MANGOS_GIT
cd mangos/
echo "Reset to old version"
sleep 2
git reset --hard [8994]
sleep 2
sleep 2
sleep 2
sleep 5
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
../configure --prefix=$INSTALL_PREFIX --sysconfdir=$INSTALL_PREFIX/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=$INSTALL_PREFIX
make -j $NUMCORE
make install

But i don't have any bot commands.

What's wrong ?

If you take a closer look at this thread, you will see that we have been using

http://github.com/blueboy/mangos

since December last year, for playerbot code. The code in the original github

http://github.com/playerbot/mangos

is only compatible with MaNGOS[8898].

Edit: The current code is compatible with server MaNGOS[9387] & client 3.3.2 (11403).

Hope this helps

Ok i try your repository and compiling is launch.

I hope don't have new mistake !

Sorry i'm very newb in git usage but i'm skilling quickly :)

EDIT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Your repository force last source compilation, and don't use "git reset --hard :/[8994]"

Have you a clue for have a working version 8994 ?

hey guys, im getting erros on compiling with the lastest rev in PlayerbotDeathKnightAI.cpp , PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp,PlayerbotHunterAI.cpp and other classes errors

Here is the actual error:

10>..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotDeathKnightAI.cpp(240) : error C2664: 'bool Unit::HasAura(uint32,SpellEffectIndex) const' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'int' to 'SpellEffectIndex'

10> Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)

10> Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)

10>..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotHunterAI.cpp(203) : error C2664: 'bool Unit::HasAura(uint32,SpellEffectIndex) const' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'int' to 'SpellEffectIndex'

im also getting this whit the last source.

../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp: In member function ‘bool PlayerbotAI::HasAura(uint32, const Unit&) const’:                                                    
../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp:866: error: conversion from ‘std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> >’ to non-scalar type ‘std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, unsigned char>, Aura*> >’ requested                                     
../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp:866: error: no match for ‘operator!=’ in ‘iter != ((const std::multimap<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*, std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> > >*)((const Unit*)player)->Unit::GetAuras())->std::multimap<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::end [with _Key = std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, _Tp = Aura*, _Compare = std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> >]()’                           
/usr/include/c++/4.4/bits/stl_tree.h:291: note: candidates are: bool std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>::operator!=(const std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>&) const [with _Tp = std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, unsigned char>, Aura*>]                                                                                    
../../../dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/Time_Value.inl:327: note:                 bool operator!=(const ACE_Time_Value&, const ACE_Time_Value&) 

Ok i try your repository and compiling is launch.

I hope don't have new mistake !

Sorry i'm very newb in git usage but i'm skilling quickly :)

EDIT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Your repository force last source compilation, and don't use "git reset --hard :/[8994]"

Have you a clue for have a working version 8994 ?

Hi,

I recommend you do the following;

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git log   // Find the commit pertaining to MaNGOS[8994], and copy the HASH

git checkout -b 8994 HASH   // This will create a local branch called 8994, that points to MaNGOS[8994]

git log   // check that 8994 is the current HEAD

git branch
*  8994     // current branch
   master

Now you can setup a remote branch to merge with this local branch. If you wish to merge with an earlier version of playerbot code, compatible with MaNGOS[8994], you will need to create a standalone patch. Then, apply this to the local branch manually using Gnu patch utility. I have detailed how to create a standalone patch in a previous post.

patch -p1 < playerbot.patch

Note: A remote branch always points to the current HEAD, of that branch. In the case of 'blueboy' repo, this is only compatible with a latter version of MaNGOS i.e. [9387]. I suggest you update your client to 3.3.2 and run with the latest playerbot code on blueboy to avoid too much hassle.;)

Hope this helps

im also getting this whit the last source.

../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp: In member function ‘bool PlayerbotAI::HasAura(uint32, const Unit&) const’:                                                    
../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp:866: error: conversion from ‘std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> >’ to non-scalar type ‘std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, unsigned char>, Aura*> >’ requested                                     
../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp:866: error: no match for ‘operator!=’ in ‘iter != ((const std::multimap<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*, std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> > >*)((const Unit*)player)->Unit::GetAuras())->std::multimap<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::end [with _Key = std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, _Tp = Aura*, _Compare = std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> >]()’                           
/usr/include/c++/4.4/bits/stl_tree.h:291: note: candidates are: bool std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>::operator!=(const std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>&) const [with _Tp = std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, unsigned char>, Aura*>]                                                                                    
../../../dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/Time_Value.inl:327: note:                 bool operator!=(const ACE_Time_Value&, const ACE_Time_Value&) 

@nickless & vladex

Hi guys,

I assume your using the latest code on blueboy. I am running this with

MaNGOS[9387] // only recommended version to use.

SD2[1584] // typo in several files that use 'CAST_INTERRUPT_PREVIOUS' flag, see change ~ commit MaNGOS[9414]

PSMDB[294]

auctionhousebot[Naicisum]

autobroadcast[Xeross]

I'm having none of the problems you list. If your system differs much from my setup, then conflicts will be expected. I suggest you stick with MaNGOS[9387], until they have sorted out all the renaming, that they are doing.:rolleyes: I will address the issues you list, when I update blueboy next.

Edit: edit DBCEnums.h to include 'SpellEffectIndex' enums, i.e EFFECT_INDEX_*. Insert '#include "DBCEnums.h"' in several files, details

MaNGOS changelog

in commits ~[9410]+

Hope this helps

Note: A remote branch always points to the current HEAD, of that branch. In the case of 'blueboy' repo, this is only compatible with a latter version of MaNGOS i.e. [9387]. I suggest you update your client to 3.3.2 and run with the latest playerbot code on blueboy to avoid too much hassle.;)

Hope this helps

I can't make a 3.3.2 server, i need to use compatible client with another server...

I have found your previous post #394, and i'm little dubious, because you give

linux scripts for playerbot repository [8898] version.

I must use playerbot repository for [8894] or your ?

Thanks to help :)

Sorry just mistake, i want a 8994 i must use blueboy repository ;)

What do you think about my playerbot.patch maker ? i have some error in mangos compilation

#!/bin/bash -x
# create empty .git repository
mkdir playerbot
cd playerbot
git init
# pull mangos master branch
git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git master
# change to mangos branch associated with hash
git checkout -b mangos fe7a71ed73e7d5d61e5274b0e5334f2929f94c9c
# add remote playerbot branch to compare with local mangos branch
git remote add playerbot git://github.com/blueboy/mangos.git
#merge remote branch with local branch
git pull playerbot master
# difference between merged local branch & mangos hash branch
git diff fe7a71ed73e7d5d61e5274b0e5334f2929f94c9c > playerbot.patch

Of course "fe7a71ed73e7d5d61e5274b0e5334f2929f94c9c" is 8994

An i compil with this script :

SRC_DIRECTORY=/home/mangos/sources/
NUMCORE=2

cd $SRC_DIRECTORY
if [ -d mangos/ ]; then
rm -rf mangos/
else
fi
sleep 5
sleep 2
git clone $MANGOS_GIT
cd mangos/
echo "Switch to 8994 branch copy"
sleep 2
git checkout -b 8994 fe7a71ed73e7d5d61e5274b0e5334f2929f94c9c
sleep 2
sleep 2
patch -p1 < /home/mangos/sources/playerbot.patch
sleep 2
sleep 5
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
make -j $NUMCORE
make install

And i have this error :

../../../src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp:866: error: no match for 'operator!=' in 'iter != ((const std::multimap<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*, std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> > >*)((const Unit*)player)->Unit::GetAuras())->std::multimap<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::end [with _Key = std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, _Tp = Aura*, _Compare = std::less<std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex> >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, SpellEffectIndex>, Aura*> >]()'
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/stl_tree.h:289: note: candidates are: bool std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>::operator!=(const std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<_Tp>&) const [with _Tp = std::Pair<const std::Pair<unsigned int, unsigned char>, Aura*>]
../../../dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/Time_Value.inl:328: note:                 bool operator!=(const ACE_Time_Value&, const ACE_Time_Value&)
make[3]: *** [PlayerbotAI.o] Erreur 1

Hi Guys,

I have just updated blueboy with the adjusted code, that resolves errors caused by the 'SpellEffectIndex' changes. There was a delay between the merge and the commit, so I could test it. I have tested it with the following, and it compiles and runs without issue,

MaNGOS[9422]

SD2[1586]

auctionhousebot[Naicisum] // fixed for recent changes to Mail.cpp

autobroadcast[Xeross]

Cheers

I can't make a 3.3.2 server, i need to use compatible client with another server...

I have found your previous post #394, and i'm little dubious, because you give

linux scripts for playerbot repository [8898] version.

I must use playerbot repository for [8894] or your ?

Thanks to help :)

Hi,

The script I posted in #394, just automates the process. If you are using windows, and can't create a compatible script, do it manually. Copy and paste the HASH from the [8894] commit obtained from 'git log'.

I see that you might have a problem using blueboy as a remote repo. As I said in my last post, it will default to the current commit or HEAD. You cannot select an earlier commit, to do the merge.

Solution:

I have archived copies of the patch I created. If you send me your email address by private message on this forum, I can send you a copy. I have patches compatible with the following MaNGOS versions

[8874]

[8898]

[8917]

[8965]

[9043]

Then apply the patch as follows to a clean download of MaNGOS

patch --dry-run -p1 < playerbot.patch

Note: --dry-run allows you to test the patch before applying it

Edit: Alternatively, you could just clone blueboy to your harddrive.

git clone git://github.com/blueboy/mangos.git

Then switch to the version you require

git checkout -b 8894 HASH

// 8894 is just a label

Add other mods, and then compile. The appropriate version of MaNGOS will be integrated into the code. You need [8994], yes!. Why not download say the [8965] commit (rename 'mangos' to 'b'). That's fairly close to what you require. If you create a parallel repository on your harddrive (rename 'mangos' to 'a') with MaNGOS[8965] only. You could use the 'git diff' command to create a local patch.

git diff a  b > playerbot.patch

a & b refers to the two local repos. The patch created should work with other MaNGOS commits. Download a clean MaNGOS[8994] and try to apply the 'playerbot.patch' created.

Hope this helps

hello guys ive been looking this for long time now the botsai go awesome and i have my server with playerbot and scriptdev2 i compiled as my brain could... works but when i load the mangos server the db get some errors and feel that such errors can be the caused of some problems that have if someone can show me some guide or some guy that compiles the last blue boy mangos playerbot realese and sd2 will be really helpfull thanks anyway and keep it on with the proyect this saves alots of servers and provide alot of fun without players