Playerbot (archive)

Thanks much, blueboy!

I hope your time away was productive and/or enjoyable, since it wasn't stated if it was related to business or pleasure. Either way, it's good to see you back in the asylum. :)

Hi,

Yes I had a great time, it was my nephew's wedding:D

I have just updated the code on blueboy to include the core revision [9770] that fixes a build error on linux, from [9767]

EDIT: The fix in commit [9770] didn't work. I notified getmangos.eu this morning, with a working solution. I will wait for the fix to be applied to the core, but in the meantime;

Edit CLIRunnable.cpp @ line 320

std::istringstream(args) >> searchString >> newCharName >> newAccount;

change this to

std::istringstream parm(args);

parm >> searchString >> newCharName >> newAccount;

and it will work

Hope this helps

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm very interested in your project of Playerbot. Great work! But I have one or two questions. Please, could you tell me where I can download latest source files for Playerbot and is there any tutorial how to apply them to my server? I thing the Playerbot is custom patch, so the installation will be the same like installation of other custom patches, right? I thing, I can handle installation of AuctionHauseBot, so I've decided to try Playerbot. ;-) I didn't read whole thread because it's huge and most of replies are about things that I have no idea what are you talking about. :-D I've been searching Github for source files, but there were only old files from various users that are not compatible with latest mangos.

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English.

Hi all,

I'm very interested in your project of Playerbot. Great work! But I have one or two questions. Please, could you tell me where I can download latest source files for Playerbot and is there any tutorial how to apply them to my server? I thing the Playerbot is custom patch, so the installation will be the same like installation of other custom patches, right? I thing, I can handle installation of AuctionHauseBot, so I've decided to try Playerbot. ;-) I didn't read whole thread because it's huge and most of replies are about things that I have no idea what are you talking about. :-D I've been searching Github for source files, but there were only old files from various users that are not compatible with latest mangos.

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English.

Try git pull git://github.com/blueboy/mangos.git master ... and it should merge it correctly into your source for you, it did for me...Thank you Blueboy it working again...I was down with log on problems till I remembered to change the realms table in mysql....OOOOOPPPPPPSSSS!

I've a german Server the bot's answering in english.

Where are the answers stored so i can edit him ?

Hi,

Bad news. You will probably find "answers from bot(s) to player", in all files. Diablox was quite correct in suggesting PlayerbotAI.cpp as this contains the command handler. However, the class AI files handle bot spells and these often include verbal responses.

Hope this helps

hey,blueboy ,i have a new suggestion for improving the playerbot,making bots to learn spells and buy items from vendors and train spells for trainers also to learn professions and to be able to use veins,herbs ,etc .

hope you like my suggestion ,i know it will take a lot of time to make but ... it will be a huge step .

Thanks

hey,blueboy ,i have a new suggestion for improving the playerbot,making bots to learn spells and buy items from vendors and train spells for trainers also to learn professions and to be able to use veins,herbs ,etc .

hope you like my suggestion ,i know it will take a lot of time to make but ... it will be a huge step .

Thanks

Hi,

a huge step indeed ;), we shall have to put your suggestion on the wish list. I do intend to revise the 'get' command eventually to cover most of what you ask. I know klunk was working on a patch to facilitate bot(s) trading with vendors, but he hasn't posted anything recently.

Cheers

yes ,that should be a part of the suggestion,the survey patch and repair patch should get implemented into your branch 2

The survey patch and get patch are still in the beta test phase at present, and won't be included in the branch until they have been revised & fully tested. The repair patch is already in the branch :confused:

Cheers

honestly i think more AI like a hold command when they dont move or even aggro til you tell them to aggro or attack again reason for this is Fegin death pulling cc and ect reason and turning in quest items would be great next steps better Healing AI i way to set healer to just heal (better then heal command) in the code just my 2 cents

honestly i think more AI like a hold command when they dont move or even aggro til you tell them to aggro or attack again reason for this is Fegin death pulling cc and ect reason and turning in quest items would be great next steps better Healing AI i way to set healer to just heal (better then heal command) in the code just my 2 cents

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what you are unhappy with. You would like a hold command. How does that differ from the stay command? If you remain a safe distance from a hostile, the bot(s) will not attack. If you then use the point command, they will then attack the selected target.

Are you suggesting that the bot(s) turn their own quests in? Sorry but there is a limit to the complexity of the AI. The bot(s) are provided to assist the player and not become autonomous. But if you have any ideas how this can be done, I would be very interested.

As far as I know, the healing with bot(s) works fine. Priests, Druids, Paladins & Shaman are all capable of harming and healing. Are you suggesting that they should not defend themselves. Attack can be the best form of defence. If you want to customise your own system, then just remove the harmfull spells and they will then use all available mana on healing spells

Cheers

ok will try to take another stab at at on stay command( idea) a few class s (mainly priest ,shaman) are not staying they will attack and cast run around lol all before i tell them too reason i was saying add a "do nothing but stand where i tell you to til i tell you what to do again" reason for this is when dual pulling with warr and hunter(just one case in-theory sitution) i can never fegin death pull without the bots trying to heal the puller and steal aggro from tank before he even builds its attack mobs before he has reach camped and ect ect on the heal commands i meant add a command where healers will oly heal attack or balance maybe a 3 setting lv like heal only attack only and balance(normal ai) as for the quest thing i meant when i'm playing and the whole grp as a quest done i have have to camp out 5 times and turn the same item in all five times or when acting with gameobjects( which i think you added or mention) i in no way want an autonomous bot system lol have working on eqemu for a few yrs i have to say i wish we wouldve set our bots up this way

Is it just me or does anyone else feel slightly out of breath after reading that? :P

I think the trouble is not so much with the bot commands as how you are using the bots, iceis2. Try setting up a few macros to make issuing multiple commands a little easier. You'll have better control and waste less time typing commands so you can focus on the task.

Hello everybody and greetings for the ones that continue to work on this nice patch... anyway i am having troubles getting the source compile with this... all projects compile fine except the main mangosd giving some link errors about ace and playerbot, lots of errors :P any1 have an idea of the cause? am using the latest mangos source

well the log is way to long but here is some lines from it:

game.lib(PlayerbotWarlockAI.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall ACE_Stack_Trace::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@ACE_Stack_Trace@@QBEPBDXZ)

game.lib(PlayerbotWarriorAI.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall ACE_Stack_Trace::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@ACE_Stack_Trace@@QBEPBDXZ)

By my experience, Playerbot is the first patch you must merge/apply to your MaNGOS core before any other patches or you will encounter such errors. Try that and let us know if that took care of your trouble.

Beware of other patches that make extensive changes to the same code sections that Playerbot itself patches as this may break Playerbot.

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what you are unhappy with. You would like a hold command. How does that differ from the stay command? If you remain a safe distance from a hostile, the bot(s) will not attack. If you then use the point command, they will then attack the selected target.

Are you suggesting that the bot(s) turn their own quests in? Sorry but there is a limit to the complexity of the AI. The bot(s) are provided to assist the player and not become autonomous. But if you have any ideas how this can be done, I would be very interested.

As far as I know, the healing with bot(s) works fine. Priests, Druids, Paladins & Shaman are all capable of harming and healing. Are you suggesting that they should not defend themselves. Attack can be the best form of defence. If you want to customise your own system, then just remove the harmfull spells and they will then use all available mana on healing spells

Cheers

I have been trying to find out about this POINT command you mention.

I try to get my mage bot to sheep a mob which it does no issues. Problem is it then immediately runs up to the mob and hits it with melee... Not so desirable. ;)

I have issued this command to all the bots. My toons name is Dall...

.bot co botname assist dall

however they seem to just attack whatever they feel like. They all get the same command except the healer which just gets a heal command.

I thought they should all assist me. Or does that only work if the tank is also a bot?

Is there an updated readme? I checked the git and didn't see one.

I too have noticed that the bots tend to attack and move around alot when told to stay. I pull a mob back to where I told them to stay or I park them around a corner and pull a group with casters, they come out from around the corner and start attacking. makes LOS pulling hard. ;)

I have been trying to find out about this POINT command you mention.

I try to get my mage bot to sheep a mob which it does no issues. Problem is it then immediately runs up to the mob and hits it with melee... Not so desirable. ;)

I have issued this command to all the bots. My toons name is Dall...

.bot co botname assist dall

however they seem to just attack whatever they feel like. They all get the same command except the healer which just gets a heal command.

I thought they should all assist me. Or does that only work if the tank is also a bot?

Is there an updated readme? I checked the git and didn't see one.

I too have noticed that the bots tend to attack and move around alot when told to stay. I pull a mob back to where I told them to stay or I park them around a corner and pull a group with casters, they come out from around the corner and start attacking. makes LOS pulling hard. ;)

Hi,

I know what you mean, the bots do occasionally seem to disobey orders, but I find that adds a certain realism to the AI :rolleyes:

The larger the bot group, the more conspicuous you become.

The problem is that the bot(s) are within attack distance of a hostile, they may well be detected and thus be targeted. The bot(s) are just defending themselves. It might seem that you have lost control , but they just following orders. Even bot(s) set to heal will use aggressive spells to defend from attack.

I suggest that you remain far enough away from the hostiles, such that they do do detect your group. If you then target a hostile with your mouse and use the point command ( I suggest you set this up as a macro, assigned to menu button), the party will then proceed to attack.

I like to use a player rogue, with stealth to lead the attack. The hostile will not necessarily detect the rogue, but the bot(s) that follow. You can then decide to use a surprise stealth manoeuvre to finsih off the hostile.

/p point

Occasionally the bot(s) in the process of combat will become visible to further hostiles and combat then continues. If you wish to break off such attack, use the follow or reset commands

/p follow
/p reset

Obviously, if you only want one of your bot to attack, you can use whisper (/w) rather than party (/p) chat prerequisite.

EDIT Your right, the point command is not documented in the 'bot_readme.txt' file. It was added prior to my arrival, but I will remedy this on the next update.

Cheers

Hope this helps