Playerbot (archive)

FYI to anyone attempting to use the PORTAL version of playerbot... it was prolly an oversight, but blueboy seems to have forgotten to rewrite the #include files to point to the correct directories... not really a hard thing to fix, but just so you know.. you will need to add a lot of " ../" 's in those files :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

files move and split config have been discussed on topic http://mangos.osh.nu/forums/index.php?showtopic=1143

i made some suggestions, but didnt finish it yet and wont have time to complete it today, so if ppl is interested, take a look and help improve it

and yea its time to create new thread to playerbot and include all info on 1st post blueboy as previous playerbot devs are long gone

Why the sudden decision to move Playerbot to an entirely different forum site?

So now this means I now have to go register at yet another forum?

If it means you feel one of the two best low-pop core mods will have more contributions from other developers and playerbot will actually improve far more, then so be it. However, there's nothing stopping those potential contributors from participating here, either.

It seems Playerbot was doing just fine here and has enjoyed the best possible exposure, something I'm not so sure it will have elsewhere. Since every single MaNGOS server admin/developer comes here first, it makes more sense you'd want Playerbot right up front where it can be easily found instead of surfing all over the place to find it.

Once this thread dies off as the majority of activity shifts over to the new thread, you'll start seeing people posting here asking things like:

• * "Can someone update this for the latest mangos?"
    * "Is this project dead?"
    * "Whatever happened to playerbot?"

It is your baby now, blueboy, and you can do as you wish.

I'm not too keen on the idea, but that's just my opinion.

Hi Guys,

I have decided to start the new forum to promote more interest in development. Since joining this forum, late last year I have received a great deal of loyal support from you guys for the work I've done, but playerbot deserves more, if it is going to improve further. I understand that c++ is a challenging language to learn, but new blood is needed urgently, otherwise playerbot will die. I frequently get requests to add new features to playerbot, as if the suggestion is 80% of the work. I do my best to develop and support what I can, but I can not do everything. I would like to build up a playerbot team to share the development and support of this community project. I do not intend on abandoning this thread, I just need to get more people involved and maybe playerbot will have a future.

@HSC_Dev3 This is a perfect opportunity to help out. On the link brunogcar gives, I outlined the changes I made to the new portal repo. I pointed out that I don't know whether it is possible to embed additional INCLUDE paths in the 'vcproj' files (Otherwise you will have to do this manually). If you know how this can be done, please post the answer.

Cheers ;)

an excelent idea blueboy, indeed there are not many testers,users of this addon mainly because mangos hasn't so many users , or not intrested in this feature.

As soon as i get more ideas,suggestions, ill post them here , also ill be able to help when i get my mind clear c++ and mangos functions.It will be nice if you could start a learning program about this.

Also, congrats for you hard work deployed on this addon ,you ressurected the "thread" and brought playerbot new options ! i wish playerbot a big good luck,also the same for you.

Same here DaViper. It was all blueboy's work that not only made playerbot a viable core mod, but also persuaded me to use it on my own server. I've been loving it and would find it most disappointing if there came a time I had to do without it.

I'm trying to learn C++, but my progress has been painfully slow due to real life. Currently I'm limited to two brief evenings each week. I can only hope the day will come soon enough when I'm able to give back.

So much has been given to us all out of the kind generosity of all these developers, be it core mods, patches, utilities, or the core itself. I pray at least some few of us will wake up and realize how fragile those gifts are, that they can be lost so easily by so many twists of fate or temperament. As with any society, there is strength in numbers. We need more developers!

Why the sudden decision to move Playerbot to an entirely different forum site?

So now this means I now have to go register at yet another forum?

If it means you feel one of the two best low-pop core mods will have more contributions from other developers and playerbot will actually improve far more, then so be it. However, there's nothing stopping those potential contributors from participating here, either.

It seems Playerbot was doing just fine here and has enjoyed the best possible exposure, something I'm not so sure it will have elsewhere. Since every single MaNGOS server admin/developer comes here first, it makes more sense you'd want Playerbot right up front where it can be easily found instead of surfing all over the place to find it.

Once this thread dies off as the majority of activity shifts over to the new thread, you'll start seeing people posting here asking things like:

• * "Can someone update this for the latest mangos?"
    * "Is this project dead?"
    * "Whatever happened to playerbot?"

It is your baby now, blueboy, and you can do as you wish.

I'm not too keen on the idea, but that's just my opinion.

with 1 topic development is too limited, suggestions, bug report, errors, general discussion, etc simultaneously also making really hard to search for specific point and keep track of everything

simple patches can sustain dev like that, but larger projects just cant, imagine if sd2 or udb had just one topic, yea u can say they are not supported by mangos, neither is playerbot

sd2 started small, with basic guard scripts and look how far it got, with organization and contribuitors to support its growth

up to you or anyone to register there, but mangos forums is to discuss mangos and mangos does not support 3rd party projects so if u really want to help and support its recommended to use specific forums

u can say, its my forum so i want to promote it, but truth is i gain nothing from it, i dont advertise my server there, rules there are pretty much the same as here and im just trying to help providing better grounds to continue development of playerbot than it will ever have here, on just one thread

i still think that new thread here with info on first post is more than required, since collinsp is gone and this topic has 49 pages, much of it totally unrelated to what playerbot is nowadays, would just need to add link to playerbot forum, git adresses, instructions and link this old topic for historical reference

I just ran acrossed a new Playerbot error and I'm at a loss on it and don't know where to fix it:

Hi,

I have looked @ Player.h where the Player class is declared and I can confirm that

void TradeCancel(bool sendback);

uint16 GetItemPosByTradeSlot(uint32 slot) const { return tradeItems[slot]; }

is a member. Are you using the code from blueboy http://github.com/blueboy/mangos, unmodified?

Please get back to me

Thank You Blueboy for getting back, no I have not changed any code and like you I don't understand the error because I can see it's declared. When I hard reset back to just the core it compiled fine so the error is in something with in the pull from your repo. I've tried with a clean source repo and one full of mods and recive this same error when ever playerbot is there only. There is a minor error in vehicle but fixed easly.

Thank You Blueboy for getting back, no I have not changed any code and like you I don't understand the error because I can see it's declared. When I hard reset back to just the core it compiled fine so the error is in something with in the pull from your repo. I've tried with a clean source repo and one full of mods and recive this same error when ever playerbot is there only. There is a minor error in vehicle but fixed easly.

Hi,

I'll download both repos tomorrow, compile them and see if I get the same error. Its most strange

Cheers

Once you get all moved into the new sub folder, how often will you update it ? I only used it once. (right before you moved it) downloaded it, added a ahbot patch complied it, work grate, now after this move. what will be different. ?? how will this all work now ???

Once you get all moved into the new sub folder, how often will you update it ? I only used it once. (right before you moved it) downloaded it, added a ahbot patch complied it, work grate, now after this move. what will be different. ?? how will this all work now ???

Hi,

The blueboy repo will provide the main tried and tested code. portal will be used for development, that you can use to try out code that is being tested. Both repos will be merged with the latest MaNGOS from time to time. I will shortly be doing this, so things will be up-to-date again. If server stability is important, then I advise you to use the code on blueboy, otherwise feel free to use either. Changes to portal will eventually be pushed to blueboy.

Hope this helps

I have the same error. I tried it on a clean mangos with playerbot and I get the same error. The build fail because of playerbot. I have 48 warnings and 4 error`s.

Error 49 error C2039: 'GetItemPosByTradeSlot' : is not a member of 'Player' f:\\Source\\Mangos Git Clean - kopie\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp 2615 game

Error 50 error C2039: 'GetItemPosByTradeSlot' : is not a member of 'Player' f:\\Source\\Mangos Git Clean - kopie\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp 2621 game

Error 51 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\\game__win32_release\\game.lib' mangosd mangosd

Error 52 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib' script script

thx I try it

Hi Guys,

They have renamed another function in the core and messed with the parameter returned.

-        uint16 GetItemPosByTradeSlot(uint32 slot) const { return tradeItems[slot]; } 
+        Item* GetItemByTradeSlot(uint32 slot) const { return !m_tradeItems[slot].IsEmpty() ? GetItemByGuid(m_tradeItems[slot]) : NULL; } 

The function GetItemPosByTradeSlot has been renamed and the parameter returned has been changed from an unsigned integer to a pointer to Item. I have renamed the function in PlayerbotAI.cpp

if( (slot>=0 && slot<TRADE_SLOT_COUNT) && m_bot->GetItemByTradeSlot(slot)==[b]NULL_SLOT[/b] )
       tradeSlot = slot;
   else
   {
       for( uint8 i=0; i<TRADE_SLOT_TRADED_COUNT && tradeSlot==-1; i++ )
       {
           if( m_bot->GetItemByTradeSlot(i) == [b]NULL_SLOT[/b] )
               tradeSlot = i;
       }
   }

but the equate to NULL_SLOT has to be changed to NULL. I am presently checking the code before I push the final change. Do not use the code on either repo until then. I should not be long.

Hope this helps

lol we're all impatient, but it will be ready whenever he figures it out... i have tried to tackle it several times myself but it just wont go for me (even considered commenting it out but that would kill trading among the bots.. sigh

anyway... I am sure that when he does get it it will work just as great as his repo has shown to do since he picked it up...