[FIX][8260]Shaman Talent - Improved Stromstike

Guest HiddenDweller

What does this patch do:

The patch fixes an error when improved stromstrike (rank 1 , rank 2)gives 20 mana instead of 20% of the caster's mana. The patch checks for improved stromstrike when Energize effect is activated and replaces 20 with 20%.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

tested on 8252.

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

no.

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

only me - HiddenDweller

diff --git a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
index 7a6ed0c..ab2d1c8 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -2888,6 +2888,12 @@ void Spell::EffectEnergize(uint32 i)
    if(unitTarget->GetMaxPower(power) == 0)
        return;

+	//Improved Stormstrike
+	if (m_spellInfo->Id == 63375)
+	{
+		damage = unitTarget->GetMaxPower(power)*damage/100;
+	}
+
    m_caster->EnergizeBySpell(unitTarget, m_spellInfo->Id, damage, power);

// Mad Alchemist's Potion
-- 

Improved Stormstrike returns 20% of base mana, not total mana. So GetCreateMana() or GetCreatePowers(power) should be used, not GetMaxPower.

Out of personal preference, I would also place the custom basepoint calculation in the the proc aura, since other procs are handled that way:

diff --git a/src/game/Unit.cpp b/src/game/Unit.cpp
index 9f37a13..448753e 100644
--- a/src/game/Unit.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Unit.cpp
@@ -6879,6 +6879,12 @@ bool Unit::HandleProcTriggerSpell(Unit *pVictim, uint32 damage, Aura* triggeredB
                return false;
            break;
        }
+        // Improved Stormstrike
+        case 63375:
+        {
+            basepoints0 = int32(GetCreateMana() * 20 / 100);
+            break;
+        }
    }

if( cooldown && GetTypeId()==TYPEID_PLAYER && ((Player*)this)->HasSpellCooldown(trigger_spell_id))

Though, 20 should still be damage, to prevent changes in talent from ruining the fix. Also, shouldn't it be target->getCreateMana() and not only getCreateMana()?

The unit that calls Unit::HandleProcTriggerSpell is the unit with the aura, or the shaman. So target-> is not necessary.

The flip side of putting it there though is that damage in that context is the amount of damage done by the attack; the Spell object for the triggered spell hasn't be created yet, and Spell::CalculateDamage hasn't been called yet (which is where you get damage = 20 in your case). That's why I point out that that's just my personal preference... as I'm not completely sure what MaNGOS would prefer.

Oh, that exaplins it. Well, then I think we should leave it in SpellEffects.cpp to not hardcode it being 20%, as there is no way to do it in Unit.cpp.

that leaves us with:

diff --git a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
index 7a6ed0c..ab2d1c8 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -2888,6 +2888,12 @@ void Spell::EffectEnergize(uint32 i)
    if(unitTarget->GetMaxPower(power) == 0)
        return;

+	//Improved Stormstrike
+	if (m_spellInfo->Id == 63375)
+	{
+		damage = unitTarget->GetCreateMana()*damage/100;
+	}
+
    m_caster->EnergizeBySpell(unitTarget, m_spellInfo->Id, damage, power);

// Mad Alchemist's Potion
-- 

On a side note: If there is any way to make that spell (63375) to be handled by Spell::EffectEnergisePct rather then by Spell::EffectEnergise, it would be a more correct solution, I just can't seem to find a way to do that.

Just use triggerammount or whatever is ammount of triggering aura called ( it will be get from m_ammount of triggeredbyaura )

I looked in the dbc and found no basepoints value for the auras that proc Improved Stormstrike. I compiled it this way before 8260, and I compiled it afterwards just to make sure; the triggeredAmount is zero, and this patch will not work like this.

Edit: Here is the general rule for whether triggerAmount can be used:

1) The proc aura will have basepoints. If this is the case, then when you look on wowhead, you will clearly see that it has data for value: Blessed Recovery, Nature's Guardian, Bloodthirst

2) The proc aura itself has no basepoints, but it is modified by another spell that increases the value: Leader of the Pack's health restore trigger (Effect 2), Improved Leader of the Pack

For reference, here is Improved Stormstrike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use