Update dodge calculation (diminishing returns)

Auntie Mangos

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Fixes dodge chance calculation, adds diminishing return calculation introduced with 3.x

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

8664 master branch (0.15-dev)

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

don't think so, but there's a patch suggestion, more on that below

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me, Lynx3d

Patch: http://paste2.org/p/473589

>dowload patch file<

Since there has been a dodge-related >Patch submission< recently i had a closer look at dodge calculation and found out that it is quite outdated (if it ever was correct, pre-3.0 values have been replaced on most web pages unfortunately)

My main reference is >here<.

First, i recalculated all the crit->dodge conversion factors, because i couldn't find any DBC file for Agi->dodge conversion either. I used level 80 data from gtChanceToMeleeCrit.dbc and the values from elitis jerks linked above. Also updated base dodge values.

Next step was splitting up contributions to diminishing and non-diminishing category, and properly calculate diminished value.

Things still to do: Implement diminishing returns for parry chance and chance to be missed, however for the latter no factors are known it seems, because character screen only shows undiminished contribution for ratings and there is no total value for this in character screen.

-edit-

Patch updated for 3.2.2.

• 39 years later...

*bumps own thread from forgotten depts*...

Alright, i finally updated it to 3.2.x (updated first post), agility required per dodge percent was increased by 15% by patch 3.2.0.

Also fixed a bug, base dodge chance has been missing.

I tried to replicate a profile from wowarmory.com, a feral druid. Unfortunately the tooltips with enchants/gemming were not loading, so i had to guess a bit.

Anyway, current MaNGOS gave me 12.64% dodge chance, wowarmory stated 19.25% and with my patch i reached 19.51%.

That's not perfect but a lot closer than before.

One remaining problem is the exact calculation of the bonus agility (the green value in the mouse-over info in character screen) in some cases, it seems the base agility and gear/buff bonus agility should be equally affected by talents like Survival of the Fittest (increases all stats by 6%), but currently the bonus value does not get multiplied with it, so you get the x% of all agility fully accounted to your base agility and the character screen is wrong, but i use those values for my calculations. Probably the reason why my result is a tad high (besides limited precision of researched values from elitisjerks) because a larger fraction should be affected by diminishing returns.

Anyway, i'd love to see some comparison with retail characters...currently MaNGOS is just waaaay off.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Unfortunately no one took the chance and compare the values with official servers when they were on the same major patch...

Anyway, dodge and parry diminishing returns is now in [11434] and chances should be a lot closer to where they should be.

Before you ask if chances got higher or lower, it heavily depends on class and equipment.

If you had managed to become physically immune, you will most likely be in trouble now though :P