Starting Point How Does It Work

Guest hasokeric

Hey guys i have a question i have a tough time picturing.

How do you know the Game packets that need to be send, replied back etc..

For example

enum eAuthResults
{
   REALM_AUTH_SUCCESS              = 0x00,
   REALM_AUTH_FAILURE              = 0x01,                 ///< Unable to connect
   REALM_AUTH_UNKNOWN1             = 0x02,                 ///< Unable to connect
   REALM_AUTH_ACCOUNT_BANNED       = 0x03,                 ///< This <game> account has been closed and is no longer available for use. Please go to <site>/banned.html for further information.
   REALM_AUTH_NO_MATCH             = 0x04,                 ///< The information you have entered is not valid. Please check the spelling of the account name and password. If you need help in retrieving a lost or stolen password, see <site> for more information
   REALM_AUTH_UNKNOWN2             = 0x05,                 ///< The information you have entered is not valid. Please check the spelling of the account name and password. If you need help in retrieving a lost or stolen password, see <site> for more information
   REALM_AUTH_ACCOUNT_IN_USE       = 0x06,                 ///< This account is already logged into <game>. Please check the spelling and try again.
   REALM_AUTH_PREPAID_TIME_LIMIT   = 0x07,                 ///< You have used up your prepaid time for this account. Please purchase more to continue playing
   REALM_AUTH_SERVER_FULL          = 0x08,                 ///< Could not log in to <game> at this time. Please try again later.
   REALM_AUTH_WRONG_BUILD_NUMBER   = 0x09,                 ///< Unable to validate game version. This may be caused by file corruption or interference of another program. Please visit <site> for more information and possible solutions to this issue.
   REALM_AUTH_UPDATE_CLIENT        = 0x0a,                 ///< Downloading
   REALM_AUTH_UNKNOWN3             = 0x0b,                 ///< Unable to connect
   REALM_AUTH_ACCOUNT_FREEZED      = 0x0c,                 ///< This <game> account has been temporarily suspended. Please go to <site>/banned.html for further information
   REALM_AUTH_UNKNOWN4             = 0x0d,                 ///< Unable to connect
   REALM_AUTH_UNKNOWN5             = 0x0e,                 ///< Connected.
   REALM_AUTH_PARENTAL_CONTROL     = 0x0f                  ///< Access to this account has been blocked by parental controls. Your settings may be changed in your account preferences at <site>
};

How do you figure out these codes - if you do sniffing is it not Encrypted atleast with strong RSA ?

Is there a tutorial how 'one' starts making a simple 'C++ MMORPG Server' i would like to join MANGOS and pitch in however i have alot to learn i do know C++ pretty well however emulating a server is something way beyond i have ever done.

This is why i am asking is there a tutorial how to 'from scratch' get for example a WoW Login to work - which would give me and maybe others a picture how you actually figure out the packets and how you reply etc..

you get my question i hope

i thx in advanced

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use