Merge upto a specific revision ?

Guest xeross155

Hey,

MaNGOS has just switched to 3.2.2a however I prefer to say at 3.1.3 for a while till I have the time to properly do the upgrade.

I use a custom branch with my source edits in git and use the following commands to update it to the latest mangos

git pull
git merge origin/master

so it just pulls all updates for all branches and then I merge the master branch into my custom branch.

However how can I merge upto a specific branch (or a tag) so I can keep my server at the last 3.1.3 revision ?

Thank you for your time, Xeross

i suggest to create a "clean" mangos branch (at same rev of you custom one), and the branch patched with your custom.

do a .patch with "git diff master..custom > changes.patch" and youll get all your custom changes in a single patch file. now switch to master branch and uptdate, delete custom and make a copy of master ("git branch -f custom") and apply patch ("patch -p1 < changes.patch"). after that check for errors and you can compile.

Fell free to comment :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use