Duplicate command?

Guest dtrombley

I noticed that there are two commands that seem to be the same.

.levelup with security 3 and .character level with security 3 and same help text.

As only the command itself seems to be different, I found this to be a bit odd. I just thought I would point this out as it has been several months since the .character level command was added. I as of yet have seen no real changes that required the duplicate command or corrections if there was an error in the database for the command help.

.character level work correctly with char by name.

.levelup work only with selected/self character

or not... hmm... anyway not see real problem..

First thanks for your reply and all the work you do on this project.

If I am understanding your reply correctly you are telling me that .levelup is for selected characters only and .character level works by character name. But I have used both for on-line and off-line characters and both work fine. I also have tested using both commands to level myself and a selected character and both worked fine.

So I still see no difference between the two commands and it seem to me that having two commands to do the same thing is unnecessary. As I am not a programmer and you are, maybe a look at the code for both commands would be helpful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use