[9466] MaNGOS SOAP services

Auntie Mangos

diff --git a/src/mangosd/MaNGOSsoap.cpp b/src/mangosd/MaNGOSsoap.cpp
index fe358d2..09ee0ed 100644
--- a/src/mangosd/MaNGOSsoap.cpp
+++ b/src/mangosd/MaNGOSsoap.cpp
@@ -29,6 +29,8 @@ void MaNGOSsoapRunnable::run()
    struct soap soap;
    int m, s;
    soap_init(&soap);
+    soap_set_imode(&soap, SOAP_C_UTFSTRING);
+    soap_set_omode(&soap, SOAP_C_UTFSTRING);
    m = soap_bind(&soap, m_host.c_str(), m_port, 100);

// check every 3 seconds if world ended

This small mod will properly allow UTF8 strings via SOAP for i.e. announcements in native languages or native player names.

• 2 weeks later...

While working on some additional features for GaME I noticed certain GM commands appear to be unavailable when connected through SOAP - like the .levelup command, most of the .modify commands, .additem, probably a few others. Awesome though the SOAP interface it, having key character modification commands unavailable through it rather limits its use. I was wondering, if it is not too big a change, is it possible to enable those commands as well?

I realise this might be a bit tricky for commands that do not currently take a character name argument, but for example the .recall and .levelup commands do take one and it'd be rather neat to be able to use a remote application to change someone's level who's standing right next to you without having to log on a GM char :D

that commands require a character selected ingame, probably would be need to add an additional parameter to that commands, or add an alternative way of setting player selection

Aye, some do, there's a few that already take a character name parameter though. As it is, this provides little more than static calls to a few selected commands while in theory a SOAP service can offer direct access to core methods. Would be nice to have, though probably way too much effort to make - needs a WSDL to start with for one. Not that I don't appreciate the work here (quite the contrary, already used this to add the ability to mute and kick online characters directly from GaME), but I think it has the potential to do much, much more :D

If you read the first post, he gives an example of using SOAP.

There was a post a few days ago in the general help section as well - I am guessing many don't realise SOAP is foremost a way for programs to communicate between themselfs, not something you'd login in on as a user :)

Perhaps an good addition for this would be an impersonate command so that a command that is normally accessed only from a logged in character but in a one line command accessible only from console, RA, or SOAP. Something along the lines of "impersonate #character [full character command such as namego, etc.]" that could be used in one line.