[BUG] Quest:Junkboxes Needed (Quest 8249)

Guest MR1977

The above mentioned quest is currently available only to Rogues while in fact it should be available to all playable classes.

Thinking that this is definitely a DB issue, I talked to the people at YTDB (forum post: http://ytdb.ru/showthread.php?t=3697) but as YuruY told me everything is in working order DB side and that it is a core problem.

In short descritpion: Quest is currently given by Fahrad (NPC 6707) for Rogues only since, as YuruY told me, from WDB => `ZoneOrSort` = '-162' which means that it is for rogues only as he said and WDBs taken from the official WoW also confirm that `ZoneOrSort` = '-162'. On the official WoW, all classes can take and complete this quest. WDBs taken from official WoW can be found in the forum post above and YuruY made sure that the quest data in YTDB is like data taken from official WoW.

Bug is still present as of MaNGOS rev9509, using YTDB R537.

Did you even read my post or the forum post that I linked? One of the admins of the YTDB made sure that everything is correct in the database and that it matches data taken from the official wow. After a lengthy discussion with him, it turned out to be a core problem as he said since everything DB side is correct 100%.

The above mentioned quest is currently available only to Rogues while in fact it should be available to all playable classes.

Thinking that this is definitely a DB issue, I talked to the people at YTDB (forum post: http://ytdb.ru/showthread.php?t=3697) but as YuruY told me everything is in working order DB side and that it is a core problem.

In short descritpion: Quest is currently given by Fahrad (NPC 6707) for Rogues only since, as YuruY told me, from WDB => `ZoneOrSort` = '-162' which means that it is for rogues only as he said and WDBs taken from the official WoW also confirm that `ZoneOrSort` = '-162'. On the official WoW, all classes can take and complete this quest. WDBs taken from official WoW can be found in the forum post above and YuruY made sure that the quest data in YTDB is like data taken from official WoW.

Bug is still present as of MaNGOS rev9509, using YTDB R537.

Mmm strange, because also wowhead put this quest only for rogues: "Database>Quests>Classes>Rogue"

Any feedback concerning this?

Nothing else that i can confirm what YuruY said, ZoneOrZort = -162 is expected for this quest.

It is however, not a Mangos bug per definition, this has never been seen before as i know, and is more a missing feature. Remember that ZoneOrSort is the category where the quest appear in the quest log. Some time ago we added SkillOrClass because of this, since quite a few quests had the regular zone category but was expected to be available for a certain class only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use