[Bug] Seed of corruption damages friendlies

Auntie Mangos

• 40 years later...

Mangos Version: 9578, also in 9524-0.12

Custom Patches: none

SD2 Version: 1639

Database Name and Version : UDB 0.11.6

How it SHOULD work: After Seed of Corruption procs on a target it should do 1332 to 1548 shadow damage on the target and nearby targets

How it DOES work: Once it procs, shadow damage is inflicted on all units within range - including original caster and friendly party members.

Quite a funny bug really: once a SoC procs on a target, it does damage to all units in range, not just enemies. This means if you stand to the target too close, you can die from your own SoC. Figured this might be due to some custom patches in our TBC core, but I have the problem too on a clean WotLK core so that's probably not it. If I'm any judge, I'd say some recent update in spell:checkTarget broke this, but can't seem to find any other bugreport about it.

Anyhow, in certain locations (Hyjal waves for example) this skill is the biggest damage dealer in TBC, having it kill your tanks effectively renders it useless. Any patch / fix is welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...