[Question]I need a lot of help :(

Guest m00str

Hey guys.

First please excuse my possible bad or gramatically wrong english, im from germany ;)

Im falling into the MaNGOS source code now for 3 Days and every new Page I see confuses me more and more :D

My largest Problem is that no where is documented what the parts of the source are doing (maybe i just didnt find them). Also i am wondering how the authentication works. I've read through many websites about the wow encryption and most of them are talking over 4 bytes which are encrypted with a 40-byte Key which is generated at the session start and those 4 bytes are containing the length of the single commands in a package. But i am wondering how multiple byte-offsets can be stored in only 4 bytes! And I dont understand in which line the session key is created and submitted to the client.

I hope someone can help a noob^^

P.S: i think i will go crazy :D

greetings

m00str

EDIT: Maybe it could help to write how i think the auth works...

First, the Client sends his Data (AUTH_LOGON_CHALLENGE 0x00, WOW, 3.1.3, build 9947 and so on),

Then the Server replies 3 strange codes (seems to be the SRP6 stuff, but splitted in 3 Parts?)

after that the client calculates some sort of CRC-hash (the Patch version?) and the encoded Password, i think

and if the AUTH_LOGON_PROOF was correct the server answeres a SRP M2 (another SRP part?)

but as you see, i have no idea how steps 2,3 and 4 are created and proved.

I'd love to get some help here :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use