A plee from AuctionHouse Bot users...

Guest skinlayers

Naicisum has disappeared, and his repo hasn't been updated in over a month. The current version of AHbot was built against MaNGOS 9400, which is now over 200 commits old. Now were starting to see segfaults, hanging on login/logout and other oddities when using AHbot with newer commits. This seems to be one of the most popular core mods, but its dying. We need a new dev. Someone who can fork the repo, and continue on. I've helped where I can (as with playerbot), but I'm not a programmer... yet.

http://github.com/Naicisum/mangos

Thanks!

skinlayers

Naicisum has been absent for prolonged periods before this most recent one. Let's stop being dramatic and ringing the alarm bells, shall we?

There's also no need to start a new topic about the AHBot when there is already a well-known, long-standing topic devoted to it.

It may be distressing to fans of AHBot but, if nobody has stepped forward to at least be a custodian until Naicisum's return, then it's highly likely AHbot will remain broken with newer MaNGOS revisions.

All this is assuming AHBot is the root cause since there are conflicting reports where some state it's broken while others insist it's working just fine. Bug-hunting isn't always simple and is made even more complicated by the use of multiple core mods.

I agree, the main problem as I see it is figguring out why this problem exist and to what extent first, on my side I think I have narrowed it down to MYSQL and a possible glitch between the core and the client. Maybe it's related to the warnings I'm getting with the 64bit compiles vers the 32 bit, example I'm getting aproximately 32 more warnings and complaints with the ace code and also the memory manager in the x64 compiles...who knows the real reason, my guess is nobody yet so if we keep this all in one thread we will have all info about it there, not all over the place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use