[Patch] External character dump files

Auntie Mangos

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

On our server we sometimes restore a character after it has been deleted - usually after an account was hacked, or someone's friend got angry and started deleting chars. We use CharLogDump = 1 to have character dumps written to the character log file, so we can restore them from there.

Trouble with this is we have a LOT of logfiles, most are pretty big, and it's very anoying to search through them, cut out the dump for one particular character, paste it into a new file and only then be able to restore it. So, I've written a simple patch so character dumps are automatically stored in a seperate file already, named [character name]_[character guid].txt, in a seperate char dump directory. Fairly straightforward, but I noticed DasBlub made a big patch a while ago to keep deleted chars in the database still for easier restore so I figure more people might like this :)

Patch file

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Written for 0.12-9524, but it'll probably work with master as well with a few tweaks. I was a bit unsure how to build the filename string, so anyone who can improve it would be welcome. As usual, tried to stick to Mangos coding style, but if there's anything wrong do let me know :D

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

Not that I know

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

FragFrog

• 40 years later...