New To MaNGOS

There is an entire subforum dedicated to compiling and installing. In fact, it's further down the list than the forum you are posting in now, and it has many, many guides on compiling for different platforms. A list of changes you can find here.

Bossfights however are scripted using ScriptDev2, this really is the wrong place to ask about that.

On a more offtopic notion: introducing yourself with the message "I'm too lazy to use the search, I want respect, I don't want to have background knowledge and I won't bother posting in the correct section" is, in my opinion, possibly not the best way to do so.

Hi!

Welcome to the MaNGOS forum. as you said that you'd be from arcemu i'm trying to write with really simple english word and explain everything for you, ok?

First of all, you don't need any C++! There are so-called "repacks" out there. Use Google (that thing which you most likely see as the first page when you start your webbrowser (probably Internet Explorer 6.0)). Those "repacks" are very cool, they give you everything you need! You don't even need to think anymore, they do everything automatically!

And don't forget to post your server's name and url here when you are done setting it up! We'd all like to play on your amazing server!

Please don't forget to add some HUGE paypal button on the front-page from your website.

Also, please note that the MaNGOS team will always be here to help you! So you don't need to use this weird Forum Search which nobody ever used. Just create a new thread and ask the question, somebody will post you the link!

Again: Welcome to our community!

-- DasBlub

NoFantasy forced me to write such a post... blame him

• 40 years later...

Hello everyone,

So, I expect a flame fest out of this, but its something I must address.

I have always been a ArcEmu fanboy, its what I learned on, its what I understand. Lately I have found that ArcEmu is...slacking, they dont treat their members with any sort of respect and expect you to have extensive background knowledge. So, as I'm setting up my server and working on it, I realize that its....bugged. I have -15 bonus healing.

Hopefully when I try to set up MaNGOS tomorrow I wont find any problems and I wont find stupid bugs like this. As I have said, I learned on ArcEmu, so I wanted to ask the community to help me out in finding a good guide for compiling your own C++ Scripts into MaNGOS, if there is anything different I need to change in my boss fight (originally for ArcEmu), what the recommended guide is for compiling, and where the change log is.

Now before you go to reply and flame me, please note its 4 am, and I'm tired as all f**k. I know how to use the search button, but its way to late and I figured this would be a great way to introduce myself into the community!

Thank you for your time in reading this post

-Impurity

FragFrog, I did not meant the message to be sent that way, truthfully it was more of a test to see if the community is full of assholes like ArcEmu.

Patman128, the uh, git thing really confuses me, I'm used to a SVN kinda thing, which it probly is. I tried reading the wiki and my brain exploded xD

I will definatly check out your C++ scripts, and thanks for the reply!

Patman128, the uh, git thing really confuses me, I'm used to a SVN kinda thing, which it probly is. I tried reading the wiki and my brain exploded xD

Git is not SVN. Git is a lot more advanced than SVN.

To get mangos:

- Right click on directory and click Git Bash here

- git init

- git remote add origin git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

- git pull origin master

To update mangos:

- Right click on directory and click Git Bash here

- git pull origin master