[idea]new Loot System

Guest criticalmind

Hello, i was browsing thru W0W sites, when i came up with this idea.at this point of time, every item has an exact drop rate (most of us know, that those rates aren't really offlike, and a part of those values are really, really wrong).how about randomizing that drop rate?

example - blizz's armory contains every item with it's aproxx drop (i.e. 3% - 14%).so new sysem would randomize and get a value from that 3% - 14% first.in some cases that rate would be more offlike than those in db.

Armory lists drop rates like that so they can give an idea of how often the item drops without committing to a concrete number. This lets them sidestep all of the whines about "zomg the drop numbers r rong!!!!11 my raid nevr saw dat itm!!!!111!"

Implementing this in MaNGOS wouldn't add any real benefit, would complicate code, and slow down DB loading. The numbers may be imprecise, but it's better all around this way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use