Fake Players on WHO List

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kich0,

I been following your thread for awhile and decided to use you patch for Trinitycore. This is a very nice patch thought and low pop servers can find this of great use. Nice Job. I do know some C++, Linux, .Net and several other languages. I had to redo some code and adapt it for trinitycore, but there are a couple things i suggest that should be added and fixed for it to work properly.

1. The sWorld.SendWorldText sends out to all players. This should be either a whisper directly back to the player randomly selected from a DB table of messages or it should be SendNotification which i used to pull the notification only for that player, also can use PsendMessage. i dont know if this would be same on mangos as i have not checked mangos code for the chathandler.

2. A separate table should be made and used for fake players just like the original code from arcemu, which i went ahead and made called characters_fake and then drag all the chars over to that DB table using navicat after the fake players arewere made. The reason why is that when mangos or trinity restarts, it sets all chars to online = 0

This would be a tedious task to set these players online each time. Other way to do this would be to set a config area like auctionhouse bot has and set in the config, fakeplayers.chars=3,7,8,9,10,12,14,16 as example for the core to show those chars guids online from the real character DB, but still problem exists with restart and all players offline with startup.

3. The next needs to be some way to randomly pick 50 chars out of 100 or even 200 chars which would be 20 fake accts, so the same players are not online all the time, this looks very suspicious.

What you could do is make a function in the player.cpp to handle all of this, the fake players would come on randomly from a list of 100 guid or just the all the chars guid would come online for the fake acct ids that are setup, say 2 players at a time and 2 would leave each 10 minutes.

4. The leveling system needs to be rethought out, the chars levelup too fast. i set the chars as per your 540000 = 90 mins in the weather config and the next day they are all lvl 100, this will not work, they need to levelup 1 level each 3-12 hours depending on their level. Maybe making a new timer function instead of using the weather timer, which also screws up weather in world if changed in config

5. Problem with inviting player, says player does not exist. I fixed this by changing if player not found then show player is already in a group. But this is suspicious too if all players in a group, there needs to be different reasons why they cannot be invitid passed back to the inviter.

6. .serverinfo for players show the correct players online. Anyone knows this command that plays wow. This will not work. i have to disable serverinfo in commands. This needs to add the amount of fake players to NumPlayers variable and should not have to disable the serverinfo command.

I think this is great work but needs alot of thinking and more functions and more config options for the fake char accounts, plus random picking of chars and random messages back. If all chars in DND, players get suspicious. This would be more real life so chars dont show same online each day, and not every char says same message.

Messages could be Im busy. Hi there, Im the middle of battle, etc.

7. add in config for the percentage of players you want to be shown / fakePlayers.percent=75 which would be 75% of 200 players to show online/ This would be good for reducing fake players as population grows on the server, so eventually you just disable it when your server is full.

I had this on my server, but i cannot use it as players already knew they were fake with .serverinfo and same players online each day. I can help with getting this fixed and help out if needed so it can benefit all.

I know this is still just testing and not production, but Just some ideas for you and let me know by PM if i can help. I do game design and development. I will be lookign forward to see what you come up with as this is very useful.

Trey

i agree on timer, its done very bad (integrated in weather system) and sWorld.SendWorldText, I don't really see the need for separate table (you can update it with SQL query on crash), nice idea on Problem with inviting player...severinfo command is easy to manipulate, just set number of player +49 or whatever the fake player number is

Yes, but i think this should be automated more and not updated with SQL query, characters_fake is not needed if you can make some random way of showing 'online >= 1' for all the account ids that are set in the config, each account has 10 players and there are total of 100 players out of 10 accounts, then when started with Percent 75%, 75 players are set in the char DB as online from the 100. Then randomly every 5-10 minutes one char leaves and another comes online, like real players do. Then new timer to update char location based on levels, same code as weather update that you made, but separately picks groups of levels to say they get moved faster.