[9795][Patch] "Check Instance Script" Condition

Guest Patman128

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Adds a new loot/gossip condition for checking instance scripts.

An example of using this would be the tribute chest in Dire Maul. Whether or not you can loot certain items in the chest depends on how many bosses are left alive. By using this new condition and assigning a value to items depending on how many bosses should be alive when they are looted, this would now be possible.

Pseudo-code for Dire Maul instance script:

bool CheckConditionCriteriaMeet(Player const* source, uint32 misc_value1, uint32 misc_value2)
{
   if(misc_value1 >= m_uiBossesAlive)
       return true;

return false;
}

Another use would be heroic loot. Certain boss encounters in WotLK drop better items when a certain goal is reached in the encounter (i.e. in the Flame Leviathan encounter, if you leave one or more towers alive you gain access to the "Hard Mode Loot".)

This would also allow gossip scripts to access instance scripts. For example, if an NPC should only have a quest or gossip item available after a boss is dead (i.e. Akama in the Black Temple) it would now be possible to allow this.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Latest as of this time (9793)

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

I could not find any.

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

Me (patman128)

Patch: http://paste2.org/p/794590

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use