Compile problem on Solaris 10 amd64, gcc-4.3.3

Guest UnixRonin

Hi,

I'm new to MaNGOS, and trying to build it for the first time. While I can run it on my Linux workstation, I'd obviously prefer to run it on my much more powerful main server, a four-core Xeon machine running Solaris 10, so I'm doing parallel builds on both. I've downloaded the latest tarball, autoreconfig'd, and configured as follows:

CC=gcc ../configure --prefix=/opt/mangos --with-mysql --with-gnu-ld

On the (non-preferred) Linux host, with gcc-4.4.3, it builds cleanly. On the (preferred) Solaris 10 host, with gcc-4.3.3, everything works fine up until this point:

Making all in tbb

make[3]: Entering directory `/netstore/src/mangos-mangos-70e610f/obj-babylon4/dep/tbb'

make -r -f ../../../dep/tbb/build/Makefile.tbb cfg=release tbb_root=../../../dep/tbb

make[4]: Entering directory `/netstore/src/mangos-mangos-70e610f/obj-babylon4/dep/tbb'

../../../dep/tbb/build/Makefile.tbb:39: CONFIG: cfg=release arch=intel64 compiler=suncc os=SunOS runtime=cc4.3.3_kernel5.10

CC -c -xMMD -errtags -mt -xO2 -library=stlport4 -DUSE_PTHREAD -erroff=unassigned,attrskipunsup,badargtype2w,badbinaryopw,wbadasg,wvarhidemem -m64 -KPIC -D__TBB_BUILD=1 -erroff=unassigned,attrskipunsup,badargtype2w,badbinaryopw,wbadasg,wvarhidemem -I../../../dep/tbb/src -I../../../dep/tbb/src/rml/include -I../../../dep/tbb/include ../../../dep/tbb/src/tbb/concurrent_hash_map.cpp

make[4]: CC: Command not found

make[4]: *** [concurrent_hash_map.o] Error 127

Something's clearly wrong at this point in the build on Solaris only. I've studied the Makefiles, but can't see anything wrong. In particular, I can't see any place where CC is used directly instead of as $(CC), or used uninitialized.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this?

I've PARTIALLY isolated the problem here. The problem is that in dep/tbb, something in the configuration is mistakenly assuming it should be compiling with Sun CC instead of with gcc, so the build includes SunOS.suncc.inc instead of SunOS.gcc.inc. Renaming SunOS.suncc.inc to SunOS.suncc.inc.orig and symiinking SunOS.gcc.inc to SunOS.suncc.inc works around the problem and allows tbb to be built.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use