Issues..

Guest Crozier

Hi im having database issues, I updated it using the newest revision of mangos sql files from the day before yesterday, I updated my realm and character databse from the /sql..

Problem is.. when i go to db version it says i need patch 10008 etc so i try updating wit that and it then says i need the database version before it and jus keeps goin back on itself and thats jus the realm db.. i havent even started or char or world dbs..

Any help appreciated :)

What db versions are in your MySQL database

mangos DB

SHOW COLUMNS FROM mangos.db_version;

realmd DB

SHOW COLUMNS FROM realmd.realmd_db_version;

characters DB

SHOW COLUMNS FROM characters.character_db_version;

Apply your updates using the update directly after the value stored in your existing database

Which MaNGOS revision are you using, and which revision did you have before pulling the "current" one

Also if your older versions are older than update 09010_01_realmd_realmlist.sql than the patches you will need will be in your git working directory (mangos/sql/updates/) you pulled not in /opt/mangos/data/mangos/sql

Edit: If you use windows, I'm sorry, I don't know paths MaNGOS uses as I build MaNGOS under FreeBSD. However the same ideas should apply just find the correct directories

Another Edit: On a side note I think this post should have been placed in Help & Support -> Installation, Configuration & Upgrades, Because people looking to answer Help/Support questions look there for the posts not in Developer's Corner. Not trying to moderate anything, just helping you for future questions you may have

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use