Getting mangos 0.12 source? (for 2.4.3)

Heya. I'm quite new to this but I've decided to set up a mangos server for 2.4.3 and try to make it as perfect as I can. I'm not really sure how to get started. From what I've read there are actually 4 parts of setting of a mangos server. The Mangos core, the database (UDB or TBCDB ), Scriptdev2 for bosses and mobs and stuff, and ACID (no idea what this is).

I've understood that I want a branch of mangos, 0.12, which is for 2.4.3. I don't know how to get a certain revision of it or to even check what revision I got. This is how I get the code for mangos:

mangoshelp1.jpg

Am I doing it right? Am I getting the 0.12 mangos code?

After getting the above version of Mangos I tried (following this guide: http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?7318-Guide-Mangos-Windows-Setup) setting up an UDB database with mangos. However I can't seem to find a place where I can see what version I need of UDB to work with the version of mangos I'm using (as I said before, don't even know what revision of mangos I'm using). So I havn't gotten that to work. I tried using TBCDB aswell but failed with setting that up aswell.

I found what I think is the right thing for ScriptDev2 here: http://www.scriptdev2.com/backport-sd2-0-t4411p7.html

I downloaded that patch and then I used TortoiseSVN to checkout the latest version of ScriptDev2, then I applied that patch with TortoiseSVN aswell. So far so good. But when I try to compile ScriptDev2 it just fails. I don't really know what to do even if I managed to compile it since the guide I'm following (http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?7318-Guide-Mangos-Windows-Setup) doesn't mention any other ScriptDev2 file than the .conf file.

Atlast I don't know if ACID is something I need to know what it is? Following the guide I've mentioned ACID was just a SQL-query that I ran in the Mangos database. Is there any more to it, or is that it?

So basicly I just wanna find a nice guide on how to get the code and setup a server for 2.4.3, because this feels a little complicated for me to grasp at this moment.

• 40 years later...

I guess that's what I've done allready, but how do I know which revision of mangos I get by doing that? And how do I download another revision than the latest? The database I'm trying to use says "Requires MaNGOS Core mangos-0.12 076_8702!" How do I get 076_8702?

Don't pay any attention to that: TBCDB will work with the very latest Mangos core (I am currently running the TBC equivalent of mangos 10160 on our testserver, using TBCDB 0.2.2). Note that the very latest SD2 version is not entirely compatible with the latest Mangos always, I maintain an SVN repository of our win32 binaries (here) and as you can see my latest compile uses SD2 revision 1737. It's usually a matter of simply trying what works, or if a particular script fails to compile, revert to a version just before that (or fix the error - I mostly had to adjust some target selection code for SD2 to work with older scripts).

As Vladimir of course pointed out, after you install TBCDB it will be hopelessly outdated so you need to apply SQL patches from the Mangos/sql/updates folder starting with the next one you don't have. If your DB mentions 076_8702, this means you need to apply 077_8728_01_realmd_account.sql, 078_8749_01_mangos_mail_loot_template.sql, etcetera all the way up to the very latest update in your git checkout (138_7056_01_mangos_spell_proc_event.sql for mangos 10160). There are actually tools to help you apply the correct patches around, just search for them! :)