bind SOAP

Guest xarly

by external do you mean an address of one of the interfaces on the server or an address outside the server.

SOAP will bind to any address that the server "owns"

for example my server's LAN address is 192.168.1.50

soap can bind to 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, 192.168.1.50 all without crash

An address that the server does not "own" (again using my example)

192.168.1.51 will crash because the server doesn't not have this address, so it can not bind to it

This is using the following configurations if your interested

SOAP.Enabled = 1
SOAP.IP = 192.168.1.50
SOAP.Port = 7878

I ask because if I write my own IP for example, server crash.

Could you give more details on this? The server shouldn't crash if you input the correct IP address.

Of course, as with the regular ports, you should only enter the IP of the local server (as antiroot explained quite well). If the server is behind a firewall, router or other form of NAT you should use the internal IP address (such as 192.168.1.50), not the external one.

However I suspect you are running several Mangos servers at the same time, or another program is using the port - in that case, try changing port numbers (most applications that require SOAP, like GaME, allow you to configure a different port as well - so be sure to change the port in all applications that use it).

That is only possible if you create a virtual private network and bind mangos to the local IP of that network. Binding means selecting which IP to use locally, it does not mean only that IP can connect to it! :)

You can of course use a firewall to limit access to only that address, otherwise no dice.

As FragFrog touched on briefly, using a firewall would do this. If there's a router between MaNGOS and the webhost that supports this than perfect. Otherwise on your MaNGOS server you can configure its firewall to do so. Windows Firewall in Windows (obviously)

iptables/ipfw/pf in *nix

A Firewall based filter would be much easier to create than doing a VPN, especially if you don't have direct access of your webserver in order to configure its end of the VPN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use