England

Guest Caskast

Hey guys this is a little random but i've always wanted to know, when somone asks 'Where are you from' and i reply 'i'm from england'.. or what ever they usually respond with 'Omg england is so great i've always wanted to go there' why is england so great? and/or are people just being polite? lol i don't usually reply saying 'Your country is great'

:)

I've been to Britain quite often, and can probably answer that:

You have a much wider variety of e.g. landscapes, weather, culture, and a few other tiny things, that people living on the continent probably miss. Weather probably is one of the first things you encounter, when you travel from southern to northern Britain.

I've live in England since i was born (that's a LONG time ago!), although i have also lived in Scotland, and on the Shetland Islands (the inhabitants of which deem themselves more Norwegian than Scottish!) Those that live here will normally tell you, its crap :P it rains, a LOT.!. But, like any country, it has things that are nice about it, the Pubs are awesome, the women are easy and the beer is cheap! ;)

Some cities are very multi-cultural, where you can quite often have 3 grocery shops next to each other, one English, one Polish and one Caribbean. And like most other countries, there are places that you just never, EVER go to after dark and alone ;)

Yea, i have been in UK in 2008 and it was nice to see new people,malls,different parks, pubs , restaurants, forgot to mention that i was in Birmingham,in the center of England.

Now i just want to go there again, and i think that will be very soon.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any country that calls a "cookie" by the name "biscuit" and has never heard of real biscuits. :P

Southern style, made from scratch, buttermilk biscuits...with milk gravy seasoned with bacon drippings and ground black pepper!!

<Homer Simpson drooling sounds>

I really dunno what's up with you British, but you are somehow special folks. I really enjoy Premier League, BBC series (starting with "'allo 'allo" ages ago up to "Life on Mars" (just some years ago)), I like one of your favorite sports: Snooker (huge fan of Steven Hendry and early passed away Paul Hunter) and I had so many great hours with UK Call of Duty players.

Otherwise I can't understand your satisfaction towards the royal familie and to me the best part of the Northireland conflict is U2s "Bloody Sunday", your weather sucks and your food makes me sick :-P.

Everything has it's good and it's bad parts.

So just hope people are polite and they remember only the good parts ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use