Use E-Mail as Loginname

Guest svegas

Hi everybody,

I had the idea of using an E-Mail adress as loginname. For example "[email protected]" instead of "admin." So I changed the entry on mysql from "admin" to "[email protected]." Data was entered correctly. But when I try to log ingame, it does not work. So I think I gotta change something inside the core. Well I never touched C++, only Java B) . So I ask you: What do I have to change inside the core?

I took a look at the core (0 c++ skill), and I've found a method (Hope it's called like that in c++ too) in "AccountMgr.cpp" which is called "normalizeString". Does this method avoid the use of e-mail adresses as loginname?

Greetings :)

Hi everybody,

I had the idea of using an E-Mail adress as loginname. For example "[email protected]" instead of "admin." So I changed the entry on mysql from "admin" to "[email protected]." Data was entered correctly. But when I try to log ingame, it does not work. So I think I gotta change something inside the core. Well I never touched C++, only Java B) . So I ask you: What do I have to change inside the core?

I took a look at the core (0 c++ skill), and I've found a method (Hope it's called like that in c++ too) in "AccountMgr.cpp" which is called "normalizeString". Does this method avoid the use of e-mail adresses as loginname?

Greetings :)

Have you encrypted again your email.password with SHA1 ?

At least for me:

• * realmlist.wtf has set realmlist localhost
    * Sign in with my old retail account's Battle.net email address
    * prompt for me to pick one of my expired WoW accounts
    * picking one says you have used up your prepaid time for this account

So it appears that the client automatically assumes that any email address should be authenticated through Battle.net.

Maybe It will be implemented in MaNGOS a system for email login.

I found this on Blizzard Forums :

set realmlistbn "eu.logon.battle.net"

-- It's using 3724 port and 1119

So it's not possible?? I don't want to emulate a Battle.net login or something like that. I just want to be able to use an email adress as loginname. :)

I just check and see that client self output error at account with @ use without any data send to server.

Hrm, then clients are different in different regions. Here is my enUS client login screen:

[vladimir: image removed. Want go to some weeks ban?]

If I put in the email address for my Battle.net account, even when realmlist.wtf is pointed at mangos, it logs me into retail.

Is it

• * hardcoded Battle.net address in client
    * stored in registry like old Battle.net
    * some file other than realmlist.wtf
    * something else entirely?

I think if blizzard wanted to, they could just have the next client patch remove realmlist.wtf completely, since it's obviously not necessary for enUS client and probably others. This would make it related to mangos, because we can't connect to mangos without realmlist.wtf.

And sorry about the image :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can see this being a nice feature, but only if your running the other servers for blizzard as well like the Diablo or Diablo2 Private servers and if I remember on those they do have the Battle.net done up. I don't know personally why Mangos should impliment this feature when the current is more than enough.

Useless discussion. As already say client have 2 login mode now, and and in one email _must_ be but in another (old, used mangos) it forbided as account name.

For switch to new way login must be implemented new bn.net 2 login system. Is it totally not real currently. Thread closed.

Some ppl forgot: this forum not for discussing blizzard products, but only for discussion mangos core work. If some one not see difference then this his personal problem. Closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use