SQLyog Troubles

Guest Shroom_DoughKiD

Hello all.

This is my first time making a server and so far, it has been pretty smooth. The only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to be able to use the Trial version of SQLYog. Every time I install it I get a message saying the Trial has expired. Are there any other programs that I can use instead of SQLYog that are as easy to use?

I recommend phpMyAdmin. Probably the best MySQL DB editor, completely portable (runs under PHP), and free and open source.

Yes, phpMyAdmin is really good,

as long as you don not try to apply any sql updates,

then it just takes a lot longer than SQLYog,

and if not set properly, you can't apply any sql updates (too many queries usually).

For updating the database,

the best way is to use the sql console (from the dbms),

or a third party program like SQLYog, Navicat Lite or similar.

For managing or make smaller alterations to the data within the database,

like manually changing an account info,

phpMyAdmin is the best.

I've been using SQLYog for a long time,

and the community edition is a bit annoying,

with that adevertising about buying the full version when it starts and closes down,

but other than that, I really like it.

That's what I think.

Well, removing the advertisements prior to compiling it yourself solves that problem NickoNiklas ;)

Actually, I've always been using the precompiled installation version of SQLYog community version (for windows),

didn't know (or more didn't really check ) if it was possible to get the source and compile that.

Thanks, gonna check that out :D

A bit offtopic, sorry for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use