MaNGOS official DB issues (davemm told me to ask this here)

Guest kjkrum

tl;dr: If anyone has any guesses as to what records in the OFFICIAL database might be crashing mangosd, I'd love to hear them.

DB issue means ask whoever made your DB, we dont care about the content of that db here.

As I stated, I'm using only the minimal DB that comes with MaNGOS itself. So I am asking whoever made it. What was that about listening to what people are saying?

But as it happens, immediately after bitching you out, inspiration hit me and I fixed the problem myself. It's like when you think of the answer to a question right after posting it, only better.

For the record: I changed the races in playercreateinfo_spell, playercreateinfo_action, and playercreateinfo_item to invalid values. Now I can create and log into at least some (maybe all) of the race/class combinations I couldn't before. I'm going to add things back in until I find out what's making it crash.

The reason I'm not using UDB is because I intend to change everything that can be changed without modifying the client. E.g., "Acolyte's Robe" #23322 becomes "Draenei Priest Robe". IMO (IANAL), this completely sidesteps any copyright issues. I believe a minimal working database can and should be distributed with MaNGOS.

"Well, I got UDB 392 installed, including the patches that came with mangos itself. I still cannot reliably create any race/class combination unless I renumber all the races in playercreateinfo_spell, and I still cannot log into humans."

^^ thats a quote from you.

I really have had about as much of your attitude as i can take, i think its time you took a rest from annoying us all and flaming anyone who tries to help....

and for future reference, there is NO 'official' mangos DB, the sql files supplied with mangos in GIT contain only the STRUCTURE of the datatabse, NOT any data.

I specially install default DB included in mangos repo and check character creating with some class/race pairs, including referenced humans and dreanei.

ALL CREATED AND WORK FINE (dreanei missing some items in default item_template but this not affect to login).

Created characters loginned succesful.

Conclusion: kjkrum, you not understand what you do. But do something crazy...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use