C++ problems

Guest jamesb

the error says faild to load one or more projects. and im talking about when i go to compile mangos

What version of Visual Studio are you using, and what file are you trying to open, and no you're not talking about compiling you're talking about opening the visual studio solution

Try cloning the git repository again from scratch.

I very much doubt that this is necessary to fix anything...it only wastes a lot of time and github bandwith...

If anything was modified locally, "git status" would show. This can be easily undone with "git checkout -f".

If you merged in any commits you want to get rid of, "git reset" is what you want, e.g. "git reset --hard origin/master".

But we still don't even know what revision or branch you are talking about...

Okay this discussion is pointless.

If you don't know what git is or what revision you are using, this can only mean you did not even obtain the source from our project repository.

Read up the basics and come back if you can give some useful information about what you actually did so someone may actually be able to help...in case it still does not work.

• 1 month later...
one im useing the guide here so im useing github

two im useing the vb they are telling me too

and three help me dont redicual me

People are trying to help you, it's just a bit hard to understand what exactly you did to get mangos, and what you are using to build it.

Getting mangos should be a matter of using git to obtain the source code from github, opening your command line, and executing

$ git clone [url]http://github.com/mangos/mangos.git[/url]

You do however not need and vb (assuming you know this is the abbreviation for Visual Basic), you will need to use Visual C++ 2008 or 2010, and if you do not have those and only Visual Basic installed, it will result in a message telling you the project could not be loaded due to missing support.

That is exactly what people have told you, and people can not give more assistance unless you are willing to follow the given hints (which I repeated just for you in greater detail).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use