Server performance - a few questions

Guest gorjdesign

I need some information about server performance.

1. For a server with, let's say, 1000 players online what spec does the Pc must have( processor, ram, etc..) and what bandwidth is necessary in order to run smoothly ? What about for 2k-3k players ?

2. It is better to run it on linux or on windows ?

3. Do you know any company that offers good service for a dedicated server in Europe ?

Any more tips and help are welcomed.

ok... let's see:

1.your choice for processor, ram > 3 gb.. depends , bandwidth.. i saw somewhere that you can have 1k players with 30 mb.. but more is better (more mb ofc)

2.linux vs windows.. for hosting a server i would say linux :)

3.i'd suggest to host it yourself.. dunno if dedicated servers will approve wow servers or so... and it's more easy to handle if it's near you

tips:-for actual playing you need a lot of hacks.. or so called cuz... players want functionality and so on... that mangos doesn't has .. yet :P (my opinion)

-advertising

-do it blizzlike.. not a funserver-it's not fun at all

hope it helps

pm me if you need more info

Anyone else ?

I cant host it myself .. I only have 10mb upload speed and that is to low ... and there are no provider here to offer me more speed ...

Wow! 10 mb upload speed? Where in the world are you? You have slightly more than 10x my upload speed which is 768kb upload and I have no problem running a server for 50 or so people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use