makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat cannot execute error solved

Guest sfisque

just posting this for anyone else in a similar configuration who stumbles during map/vmap creation.

i'm running on linux, and using a windows vm (virtualbox) to rip files. the vm is a vanilla install of winxp-32bit.

ad.exe ran flawlessly when i copied it from the contrib dir on the linux install to the client dir.

when i did the same for the vmap_extractor bin/bat files, i kept getting an error message that the file could not be executed.

searching forums didnt return much info, i decided maybe i'm missing some dll's that the dev's are taking for granted. i installed Visual C++ Express (free version), and Voila! vmap_extractor now runs.

so for anyone else in a similar boat, this posting should come up in a search for you.

for the dev's, please, in the future, if you pre-build executables, include any runtime dependencies in the README file, so that those of us not building on win32 are aware of what we need to install.

peace!

== stanton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use