Spell.dbc zero length

Guest sfisque

so i've been building a fresh LK server (have had running servers from vanilla and burning crusade era's upto now) and ran into an interesting snag.

i've run and re-run ad.exe several times, and each time, it rips through and extracts all the DBCs just like one would expect. except, Spell.dbc is ALWAYS zero length. and the server binaries complain about this. has anyone else had issues with Spell.dbc (or a different dbc file) being dumped out zero length by ad.exe?

peace

ps: oh btw, if it matters: winXP SP2 - 32 bit, vanilla install except for visual studio 2010 express (to get necessary dll's for vmap_extractor to work) running in a virtualbox emulator (server runs on linux) and client installed on macosX.5 (never had an issue ripping files from the mac using a VM and shared folder access in the past). mangos is freshest from git repository. client is 3.3.5a fresh patching.

Hm do i understand that correctly, you are running the precompiled ad.exe from the repo under Win XP withing VirtualBox on Linux, and extract from an OSX client install?

Phew, hard to say what might be the problem...

But just a suggestion, wouldn't it be easier for you to just build "ad" on linux?

There are CMake files for it, just do "cmake ." in contrib/extractor and then "make". You might even have a chance to compile it on OSX that way and directly extract from there.

Or as suggested, manually extract Spell.dbc with some MPQ tool, on Linux you can use mpqfuse to mount mpq files like a file system for example.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use