[Bug] IsHostileTo is not symmetric

Auntie Mangos

• 40 years later...

Mangos Version: 10438

Custom Patches: no related

SD2 Version: ~1815

Database Name and Version : udb392

How it SHOULD work: "I don't like anyone who doesn't like me"

How it DOES work: "Whom I like doesn't depend on who likes me" (a bit stupid)

Example:

Faction 119 and 63 is asymmetric:

63->IsHostileTo(119), but not 119->IsHostileTo(63)

This results in ugly aggro bugs (EnterCombat, not call AttackStart, leave combat on next tick)

You can construct the bug with:

in dungeons,

if we have three units, A B C, where A->IsHostileTo(B) but not B->IsHostileTo(A), and A attacks C,

if then A comes in range to B, B is set into combat, and evades on next Tick, and I think this is a bug

Suggestion was to make the IsHostileTo - faction check to be symmetric, but removed

(as stated by vladimir it is the wrong way to handle this thing)

perhaps I should have described the - in my opinion - bug more detailed:

in dungeons,

if we have three units, A B C, where A->IsHostileTo(B) but not B->IsHostileTo(A), and A attacks C,

if then A comes in range to B, B is set into combat, and evades on next Tick, and I think this is a bug

and rabbits clearly should attack:

;)

perhaps I should have described the - in my opinion - bug more detailed:

in dungeons,

the bug is that B shouldn't be set in combat till is realy attacked ? am i wrong?