What are your thoughts on Catacylsm?

Guest manofwar95

I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I feel like Cataclysm is gonna be Wotlk, without WoW history => total shit. I feel like this extension will be the death of WoW.

But sometimes I feel it's gonna be a good extension, with more difficulty than Wotlk, back to basics with vanilla.

The only thing I'm pretty sure will disappoint me is the story and the RP : the whole warcraft III thing we all know by heart is done now...deathwing is just a big dragon like the 150 we've seen all over wotlk.

Cataclysm is the dumbing down of the whole game. Most everything that I enjoyed about the game, has been condensed down to the point of being pointless. I wont waste anymore money on the new expansion. Instead I will be spending time writing code to make the mangos server even more accurate and blizz like as possible. Looking forward to learning and making friends in this community.

I played for a few hours on the beta, lvl 8 worgen, lvl 10 gobelin, and I must say there are some nice features, the quests are really enjoyable, a lot of creature phasing/map phasing/vehicles/funny quests.

The thing is that I don't have the impression to play WoW anymore, just a funny game...I don't have the "epic" feeling I had before. But it's just the beginning, let's see at lvl 85 :)

I saw a video about Halls of origination, it was VERY nice (egyptian style and all that stuff), but the difficulty wasn't there :/

I am actually looking forward to the Cataclysm, though I have to admit that I prefer vanilla WoW (nostalgia is a thing of being old I guess). It's changing most stuff we all now from back the past years, and probably will change as much of "the" WoW experience to bring back a bit of the "new" feeling from 2004.

• 1 month later...

Cataclysm indeed brings WoW to a new phase. Almost all we knew about WoW is gonna change, the history leading from Warcraft, all series, will be somehow reversed to a new level, that will be the level of the own World of Warcraft, we can say that the game starts here, actually. That's a thing I totally dislike, all I liked in wow, was from version 1 to 2.4.3. WOTLK itself has a good features, but it's somehow silly ... they broke the stats, they broke the fun of walking to profit your needs, they broke the fun of being scrub ... Now it's only OPness'n'all. Indeed now there's more features, better graphics, better quests scritping, many things re-done in order to entertain us ... But what it was, it was perfect. The old times are dead for me, and will never return, 'cause blizzard wants the money of the people, and the people want to be OP entertained, there is no want or need for role players, the connection for us is denied.

Actually with a little of fantasy it could be retrieved, but this fantasy is being breaked by the OP stats and all the mesh ...

Cataclysm should be good for the storylines :D As I like the Lore of Warcraft and this will be a good addition to that. But as a game.. I don't know.. I mean come on.. a werewolf that transforms into a bear, crow and the others from the Druid class I think is just stupid :| Worgen can be something else.. but definitely not a druid :)

Not impressed, was watching my wife play her new worgen.

I just cannot make myself spend a dime more on retail, I'm far too spoiled in my old age, i have no desire to work for gear and gold anymore and too cheap to spend real money on gold sellers and gear sellers.

Wow is dead to me, at least console gaming is still entertaining

Not impressed, was watching my wife play her new worgen.

I just cannot make myself spend a dime more on retail, I'm far too spoiled in my old age, i have no desire to work for gear and gold anymore and too cheap to spend real money on gold sellers and gear sellers.

Wow is dead to me, at least console gaming is still entertaining

Well that's why there is a second option! MaNGOS! :D:D

I've had the opportunity to try out Cata on a friends account and have pretty much the same thoughts as before:

1) They RUINED WoW!

2) They RUINEd WoW!

3) WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? They RUINED it for me!

4) THANK GOD I HAVE MaNGOS to rely on!!!!!!

Thank you community for the ability to learn and play one of my favorite games! I have learned to program a little in C++, Use MySQL better.

I've had the opportunity to try out Cata on a friends account and have pretty much the same thoughts as before:

1) They RUINED WoW!

2) They RUINEd WoW!

3) WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? They RUINED it for me!

4) THANK GOD I HAVE MaNGOS to rely on!!!!!!

Thank you community for the ability to learn and play one of my favorite games! I have learned to program a little in C++, Use MySQL better.

I totally agree..

Now it's all about the money.. giving the players enough stuff so that they don't get bored and leave wow. They totally forgot about the Lore of Warcraft which was the best part and the thing that got me interested in WOW in the first place :). With Cataclysm it's total chaos... :|

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use